Otonari no Tenshi-sama ni Itsu no Ma ni ka Dame Ningen ni Sareteita Ken - Ch. 17.1

Supporter
Is the drop in readership that significant? I know for one that I always read both.
If you think about all the manga websites out there, only a minority of people use MangaDex, despite all other websites taking chapters from MangaDex. Less than a handful of exceptions aside, all of those websites only upload the chapter that was uploaded first. Anyone using the vast majority of sites will never access our version of the chapter, and even people reading on MangaDex will only read our version if they notice that there's two uploads for a chapter and actively decide to switch

Dex-chan lover
and even people reading on MangaDex will only read our version if they notice that there's two uploads for a chapter and actively decide to switch
Huh? Both translations show up as chapters on the Mangadex updates feed:
o9LDG4c.png

Dex-chan lover
husband face are so sparkle when he mention that he will enter her room lol

Dex-chan lover
a mix of both, really. I'm busy enough that I can't afford to enter a battle of who can sloppily rush the next chapter the fastest while also working full time and handling other projects. I won't be satisfied with our quality if we have to rush faster than someone using MTL and 480p raws with no clrd, and if we don't fight for first upload, then the massive loss in readers after getting sniped renders all the time and resources we put into chapters pretty meaningless. I'd rather focus on other things instead

Edit: Additionally, this uploader also always snipes exactly one day before we recieve the 2k full quality raws, which is also something to think about
I understand your position. Really really really thank you for your TL.

Dex-chan lover
She's already rocking that "boyfriend shirt" look.

a mix of both, really. I'm busy enough that I can't afford to enter a battle of who can sloppily rush the next chapter the fastest while also working full time and handling other projects. I won't be satisfied with our quality if we have to rush faster than someone using MTL and 480p raws with no clrd, and if we don't fight for first upload, then the massive loss in readers after getting sniped renders all the time and resources we put into chapters pretty meaningless. I'd rather focus on other things instead

Edit: Additionally, this uploader also always snipes exactly one day before we recieve the 2k full quality raws, which is also something to think about
That's certainly sad to hear. It's always a shame when quality loses to quantity. Well, I guess, here it would be speed. Good luck with work and your other projects.

She's already rocking that "boyfriend shirt" look.

That's certainly sad to hear. It's always a shame when quality loses to quantity. Well, I guess, here it would be speed. Good luck with work and your other projects.
The sad reality is that quality will always lose to quantity/speed because most people just don't care. Thus it is simply no longer viable for us to spend so much time on a version that 95% of the audience will not read.

Dex-chan lover
It's very cute that the tls who sniped it with lesser quality scans almost 2 years ago are feeling bad cause they are getting sniped in the same way.

I'm thankful for the translations but the group getting pissed over this just seems misplaced imho.

Dex-chan lover

Please don't drop if possible. Clowns usually drop the series when they can't get enough hype of it anymore. Also, kvaliti

Yes. The issues lies in that nearly every other manga website doesn't, only hosting the one uploaded first. Only the minority of readers actually use MangaDex
Mr Indivinity, first of all I wholeheartedly thank you for your monthly high quality translation. Since the sniper is like a cancer that just won't disappear, how about translate the non high quality one first then give reader a head-up, that way won't remove the cancer but at the very least, you won't lose your viewership. I know it's will be a hassle but please, I don't want to lose my monthly high quality translation to a cancer.

Dex-chan lover
PSA, women hate being "respected" and like being treated like property like this

Users who are viewing this thread