Otoyomegatari - Vol. 12 Ch. 84 - A Letter

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the hard work, and its understandable that you don't TL series that are available in English (TBH Rather surprised that this one is.)

Aggregator gang
Don't be foolish, Duralumin. I would never had read this, or any of the author's works, at all were it not for your efforts. It is only because of your releases that I would even think of buying this series. You haven't taken away money from the author, you're helped ensure that she'll get more of it.

Thank you for the translation, all this time. Your reasons are understandable, and I'll take a look on your other projects when I'm at it :)

By the way, I believe you are not taking the money from the author. I myself started this manga from your translation, and I always buy the official translation in my country when they hit the shelves. All thanks to you and your beautiful translation :)

And thus, Bride's story by duralumin ends with a chapter with a bride after being married so many years she's a mother, furthest away from Asia and in an English speaking land.
Thanks for your work up til now, and I'll certainly continue to buy the licenced manga in my country o7.

Thanks for the hardwork translating this series!

On another note, that Elliot is just like his uncle.

Thank you for your work so far, Duralumin.
Agreed with what others have said -- I myself have only bought the English volumes of this series because I read it online first -- but it is a completely understandable choice.

Dex-chan lover
Aw, @Duralumin, I wish you hadn't made this choice, but c'est la vie.

I always buy the English release on top of scans. It's more about the immediate gratification than anything else.

Now I suppose all of us just have to wait for someone else to pick it up, but, ugh, it's going to be hard to replace the quality of the scanlations. In terms of translation, redraws, and editing.

Supporter
Thanks for your hard work up until now!

Edit: Also thanks for stopping at such a good point, with no cliffs.

Dex-chan lover
Understandable, thanks for translations up till this point.

Double-page supporter
6 years, oof indeed. Thanks for everything. You're a living legend in this community.

I've always wondered, how much does the author (in this case, Kaoru Mori) get when we buy the official translated volume?
Say we pay 10$ for a volume, how much does she actually get? 3$? 2$? Less?

Hey mate, thanks for all the translation you have done. I am an unemployed student so while I love Ms. Mori series a lot, I have only bought volume 1 of this series, and reading your translation has always been my main source of accessing to Otoyomegatari up until now.
I suppose people like me is the reason why you chose to stop translating this series, and I respect that decision. I just hope that you don't feel too bad about the translation work you have done and take it off the site, as your work serves as a way of advertisement for the series and helping it become more relevant in the international reader base.

Fed-Kun's army
Shame that you are doing this. In my country we are also at volume 11 and I have bought all of them. There is no way that I could afford every series that I read but this is one of them. It was still nice to have something to read monthly instead of waiting a year.
It is sad to lose a great quality scanlator after so many years . I don't think I would have even touched this series if it weren't for the fan scanlations.

Completely understandable. I had just read an interview taking about how manga rock was completely unsupported and gave no money to the authors, and how publishers sometimes skip bringing early volumes to the US because pirated chapters are available online and they don't believe they could sell enough copies of the official material here.

So I had decided over the next few weeks to buy all the official volumes of this manga to support the author. But I got into it because of your translations, so thank you so much for all of your work the past 6 years! It's the reason I became a fan of the series.

Welp, all good things come to an end someday i guess.
It's been an enjoyable ride while it lasted. Thank you Duralumin for the scanslation.

Thank you so much for your hard work for this 6 years.
It's a little sad to me, because in my country does not have a official translation and buy it in English is a bit complicated (dollar price...), but your decision is completely understandable, please be proud of your work, because was you who made me know about this Manga, and start to Like Kaoru Mori works.

Dex-chan lover
@Duralumin

Thanks for all the years of great quality scanlations, ya fucking cuck!

The official English version of Otoyomegatari is basically up-to-date with the Japanese tanks, so to be honest there's really no need to continue the scanlations and it's hard to disagree with your decision. I have all the official books anyway, so at least in this one case you don't have to worry about stealing from the mangaka. Again, thanks, and I hope you'll stick with scanlating in general.

Pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease don't drop Volte/Borte...

Users who are viewing this thread