Otoyomegatari - Vol. 12 Ch. 84 - A Letter

Double-page supporter
I've been in the process of purchasing all the volumes released in English. I would never have made those purchases without having first read the translations here. I won't buy anything anime/manga unless I've seen it first. There's too much stuff out there that, while it's not necessarily bad, it's not to my taste, so I won't risk wasting money on something I don't like.

So translations actually do result in at least some additional sales from people such as myself. I can understand a translator not wanting to transgress on a manga that is actually being released, though.

Dex-chan lover
You done good... Feel a bit vexed by it, but I think most people understand your decision.

Hope someone else takes over.

Double-page supporter
thx Duralumin for your work on this manga for all those years.
it has been a great ride

That's actually a great decision. At least how I see it. I was and still am always for stopping scanlations in languages a work got serialized in. Especially when those went beyond "appetizing levels". I wasn't reading much of your work as I'm buying the French edition, but I sure did know that you were around devoting yourself to this project since I can remember. Pretty sure I read the first few chapters thanks to you before purchasing it. So thanks, good luck and have fun with your future endeavours.

It's a bit regrettable, but your decision makes a lot of sense. Thank you for all your hard work scanlating this series all this time!

Contributor
Can anyone say how far or close this translation is from what's officially released?

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for all your time spent translating this series. It's a completely understandable decision! I never would have come to know this story without finding scans on it, and I've since been slowly buying volumes from bookwalker. I'm glad it's in my life.

And I kind of feel bad for Henry's family but... not too much. What he's doing is important! ...But also write a dang letter, glasses.

Dex-chan lover
Duralumin without you I would never have known this series, nor bought bough it. You do not take away their sales, you are the best advertisment they could wish for😁

As someone who bought the series as soon as it was in English, I don't think you hurt the sales. Also, for future reference, that cursive font is so hard to read for some of us.

Not another 'muh morals' statement from an english translator of a great manga, I fucking hate people doing this thinking they're physically, mentally, and financially 'hurting' the authors with this somehow it's an illogical piece of nonsensical horseshit meant to stifle everything 'they' don't like, apparently only english TLers are into this piracy morality narrative these copyright retards kept on promoting, but when it's on other languages they get a free pass huh? I doubt the official English version is even as accurate as the unofficial fan TLs, why don't these weenies grow a fucking spine for once?

Users who are viewing this thread