Otoyomegatari - Vol. 12 Ch. 84 - A Letter

Dex-chan lover
Shame about the title being dropped, but that was quite a ride. I'll be honest, I don't think I would have given this great manga a chance if I hadn't come across the scanlation. Thanks!

hi there, thanks for bringing this series to us. All these 6 years are amazing with the Bride's Story. See you with another masterpiece.

Double-page supporter
Thanks @duralumin.
Just for clarification, I've always bought the volume published by yenpress even though i've read it here.
Your translation didn't prevent me to buy the volume because it's just worth it.
But, i might not find this manga if it's not your translation since batoto.
The point is, don't be discouraged to translate more because it might introduce other people to obscure but excellent manga.

Fed-Kun's army
@Apero yes uploading manga makes it known, but you got 12 volumes of it to sample. I think that is more than enough to get the reader if they like it to buy or not.

Aggregator gang
Thanks for all your hardwork!

Anyone looking for official releases, BookWalker is an option.

This is one of the best manga I've ever read, and I've read a fuckload of them

Thanks for all your hard work!

It sucks for us but I respect the decision. I think it's a difficult, but correct choice.

Props!

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for your hard work, completely respect your decion.

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for translating this series for all this time, I've really enjoyed reading it. 🙏

Ooohhh... We're delivered by a not so bad but still sad news from our Turkestan friend.( Haha pun intended). It's such a shame but a reasonable and acceptable one. Let us all support the author. I will miss your translations of Otoyomegatari, Duralumin, since I've been with you from the time of Scantily Clad Scanlation. Always waiting eagerly for release and taking for granted the fact that this has all been made available to us free. I'm sure I won't be able to read this for awhile, more than ever but will endeavor on acquiring a copy. Thank you for the effort and hard work as always. I look forward your other works ^^

I guess I'll have to wait two years to read the next chapter... our releases are usually alf a year to a year behind.

@Pen3 You're missing the point. Uploading, translating and distributing manga online is not about letting people "sample" the work and then buy it. I don't have money to buy it. I don't have most of the manga I read licenced in my country, or even in my native tongue. Anime and manga both are almost completely unaccessible to me through legal means. Ask yourself a question, what's more important to an artist, to gain profit from her art or to have her art reach as many people as possible? Profit is important, I understand that. You gotta make a living somehow, but there would be no profiting off of me, I simply cannot pay. So do you suggest I should stop reading manga altogether? Or art shouldn't be accessible to me at all because I don't have money? And should an artist (publisher really) money-lock art behind licencing in such a manner that resemles extortion? Don't you think most artists would choose to work for the wider audience, even if they weren't payed directly and strictly for every unit? Especially considering there would still be those willing to support a creator they like, and the wider the audience the greater the number of potential patrons.

Is this website a platform for anti-piracy propaganda? Anyone who supports this decision on the factually incorrect basis that piracy hurts sales shouldn't be posting on this website or reading anything here. I have spent hundreds of dollars on manga that I was introduced to through piracy and absolutely never in a million years would have if the idiotic legal distribution system, where you get to look at a fucking cover and decide if the series will be worth your money based solely on that, were the only distribution system available.

Seriously, if you think this idiot has a point and piracy is bad then you shouldn't be here. Rethink your life choices.

That's just stupid argument. I would never buy something untranslated, in fact I wouldn't know about its existence. Pirate translations bring exposure - I get to know the manga - I buy it. As simple as that.

@Wexmajor
The idiot who picked a fight with me is a clear example of the typical rabid anti-pirate copyright supporter who believed whatever useless crap they read on social media, doesn't help he also claims to be a scanlator himself which essentially give other scanlators a bad reputation.

Supporter
Thank you for the journey your hard work has provided us Duralumin. I vehemently disagree, that scanlation eats away from the manga sales. I believe it to be quite on the contrary. That's like saying libraries reduce sales. Non. Those folks who can't buy it will just be left without. And those who do get to enjoy masterpieces like this, will put it on their wishlist to wait for better times.

Users who are viewing this thread