Otoyomegatari - Vol. 13 Ch. 95.5 - Mame Book

TSP

Group Leader
Repost:

This actually is a stand-alone mini-booklet which readers of the magazine Otoyomegatari is serialized in can win.
The raws were provided to us from toriaezu (https://mangadex.org/group/1875/toriaezu, the lovely individual who does Fushigi no Kuni no Bird, which you should also be reading).
We wouldn't have been able to do this without them getting those raws, so huge thank you to them!

Double-page supporter
oh grandma is so badass, i wanna be like her when i'm an old lady

thanks for the translation!!!

Aggregator gang
Can someone tell me how the author do the research of this manga? Any answers are welcomed, even assumption is fine. As long it's not a joke or the usual 'web is there to search'.

I find it perplexing yet in awe of how the story flows with an adequate portion on covering the surface of culture without biased or touching sensitive things.

Otoyomegatari and Fushigi no Kuni are the best SoL that cover old ethnic that I believe it's worth much more that usual Isekai'd trend fever.

@Akxera
I know she made a trip to the region for the series, but apparently the silk road was something she read about obsessively even in high school, so I would assume she uses a large variety of scholarly materials such as period travelogues, histories, books on textiles, pottery and architecture, etc. The resources required for making a manga would naturally be more extensive that those for a novel since it is such a visual medium. In another historical series I read (Kaze Hikaru), where the artist is also doing everything with an eye of depict all the rich detail of the period, she is apparently working from more than 300 reference books. Because all the characters in this are fictional, I would expect Mori is working from between 120-200 reference books, if only because of the wide variety of cultures and artistic traditions, and the focus being on the day to day life rather than historical events.

Users who are viewing this thread