Otoyomegatari - Vol. 13 Ch. 95 - Choice

Maybe Ali will get married and go visit Henry in England with Amir and Karluk.

...maybe.

Dex-chan lover
In a way I really like that it didn't go the usual "Let's push through this!!!" But rather explain both in this and previous chapter that it is war, and the grave dangers it follows. I'd imagine now with them going back we might see a timeline later of them perhaps returning to visit.

Dex-chan lover
Hoping there will be a 5 or 10 years later ending where they meet with Amira and Karluk again and everyone's happily living. I want my happy ending >.>

Dex-chan lover
Smith is not only a great character, he is also our eyes as an outsider to the foreign culture. his journey may be nearing its twilight, but it sure isn't the last we see of him

Double-page supporter
He made the right call. Go home before anyone dies. If he continued, he'd be risking the lives of his friends and future wife. It's not worth it.

It is the right choice, but I really wanted him to see more as well. I hope he gets to visit again, but he may be right, that it will not be the same. I'm glad his wife could keep her horse.

Oh man, as readers we'd love to return to Amir and Karluk to see how they're doing, particularly as a reunion with Smith. What a bittersweet surprise for a manga to acknowledge that it just isn't possible. I'll always stan Mori Kaoru for her beautiful story telling choices.

When Ali said he will name his future child as Henry that hit me riiiiiiight in the feels. I honestly hope there will be a future where Henry can meet him and Amira and Karluk again.

Users who are viewing this thread