Ouji-sama Nante Iranai - Ch. 128

Dex-chan lover
The plot could have been just as advanced and character just as developed with only a one-chapter flashback.

Dex-chan lover
@Oeconomist why it should have? It’s perfectly paced and shows well their “everyday” interaction, while showing the changes in the blonde girl little by little.
In only one chapter it would have been surely too rushed.

Banned
Yeah... This isn't going anywhere.
I don't know. This author... It seems they have no idea how to progress a story. It's been the same thing for twenty chapters now.

Dex-chan lover
@emMeBi86

Far from “perfectly paced”, it's just wasting time. Changes aren't shown “little by little”; instead, nothing much happens for a while and then there are small lurches. The flashback wasn't intrinsically too long; rather, it accomplished too little with the length it was given.

Me within the first few pages https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEtgRBjEZp0
So dorm mom doesn't like MC's granny because she was lied to about going to the same Uni? Huh?
I get the feeling that even if I did reread past chapters, it wouldn't give me any other relevant information. Feels like a weak reason to hate another person but I'll see how it goes.

Dex-chan lover
@Khoopa

What you're not seeing, largely because the story-telling is so bad, is that the dormitory mother had developed romantic feelings, encouraged by the flirtation of the now-grandmother. So the dormitory mother feels romantically betrayed, and far more by the engagement than by the failure of the other character to go to the university.

@Oeconomist I'll say that I can see the dorm mother has some sort of feelings for MC's granny, but romantic betrayal huh?
How does hiding the fact that MC's granny had a fiance become romantic betrayal feels beyond me

Dex-chan lover
@Khoopa

I wonder what you see as the general concept of romantic betrayal.

Let's say that Hito is a heterosexual male in high school, with interest in Shiboko, that she is consciously aware of his interest and willfully encourages it, and that they talk of their plans to go together to university, but as they day of graduation approaches, she admits that she is not going to go to university with him because she has planned instead to marry Nioirou. Most of us would regard that as romantic betrayal. (And, people being what they are, many in Hito's position would think that of Shiboko even had she never recognized or encouraged his interest.)

The difference in this story is just that a homosexual or bisexual woman was misled.

@Oeconomist I see, thanks for that. I don't think I've recognised those scenarios as romantic betrayal. Heck, I've probably not known something like this exists even though I've probably seen it in other media.

Man..... This is a slow-burn.............. But the story is interesting. If Nobara and Yukino end uo together, all this will be worth. Let´s just enjoy the pace. Let the uthor take their time.

@Oeconomist I think this manga is fine though, if I wanted a manga with great story I'd read One Piece instead. Romance and high school should be about festivals, exams, balls, student council and the author did just that. Just enjoy this as something that makes you smile because of the ships and the art, because that is the purpose of this manga and not about story and flow

Dex-chan lover
@noxccty

For me to be interested in the relationships, I would have to find the characters to be more than cut-outs. The art is stiff and primitive, and makes the characters look like cut-outs.

There have been plenty of manga, manhwa, and manhua set in high schools and with excellent plots; others have been slice-of-life, but with far more interesting characters living those lives. This series began with a plot, but the author lost it. (When I noted that the plot had been lost, some readers insisted that its core conflict were merely dormant, but that was many chapters ago. (Almost fifty chapters have been uploaded since the chapter to which we are commenting.))

I....I acutually shipped them....idk why.
I- I am now feeling sad and empty too, wow, I can't even imagine how the dorm mother felt 😶

Users who are viewing this thread