Our Son Is Probably Gay - Vol. 2 Ch. 35 - Reason

Dex-chan lover
No, his father is right, making a life changing decision to be around a friend is a horrible idea

Dex-chan lover
@trenslime Absolutely as a general rule, but in this case it doesn't seem like he was even interested in the science track, regardless of Daigo's intentions. So either way it's not like he's missing out if he didn't plan to get into a science career.

Dex-chan lover
I mean it's fine to try things out but don't ride or die on a career cause you wanna simp for someone.

This situation is the former than the latter, so keep wit it, my guy

Dex-chan lover
I get the mother's point but still... That's too risky unless you actually don't know what you want yet.

Dex-chan lover
as somebody who didn't make any friends in her first major and changed it a year later, I will say who you study with matters. After I changed my major I made a lot of friends and did very well in my classes because being around a supportive group made working a lot easier.

anyway that's my PSA for anybody worried about majors or electives, happiness > what you think you should be doing

Also, the kid said he didn't like/wasn't that good at STEM so why not follow his buddy

@Reademup Thank you for sharing your thoughts on it here. I'm kinda lost about what to do after graduating, so it's great to see about a different perspective.🙂

Double-page supporter
It made me sad to see his body language slowly close up as his dad spoke.

I don’t mind her advice. People often end up in different careers than what they choose to study, even when all signs point in that direction. And people have walked away from careers to be with loved ones. You never know where life will take you, so when you have the chance to choose, why not choose happiness?

Fed-Kun's army
Nah, Dad is 100% right here. In Japanese society half-assing what you want to go into for college and starting your career off on the wrong foot is a one way ride down the pain train. Actually put some thought into it kid. Imagine if this was just a regular relationship "I'm going into medicine because the girl I like is!", stupid.

this chapter gives me a bad feeling. Something's very off...

The author is probably foreshadowing a conflict between the dad and Hiroki *shivers* and it isn't good :((

I'd like to add some background here. In Chapter 6, Hiroki's HS math paper is 51%, which is barely a pass. A little bit of chapter 21, page 6, shows when he was in middle school, he could usually get 90% in the same subject. For him, that's the power of crushes (and also how bad he really is in science).

I don’t live in Japan so as some1 who lives where I’m at, this is good advice. Where I live, specifically, there’s a misconception that u only have 1 path & ur obliged 2 take it 2 its culmination. Actually, it’s the opposite & ppl change their careers frequently here. So I agree with the mother (again, based on where I live) & disagree with every1 in the forum if u interpret their opinions as hard truths. Being with some1, additionally, can get u the motivation that a lot of ppl don’t have. High school has also been … extremely useless where I am. So if I had kids, I’d say the same thing.

Also, I’m clearly not arguing within the manga’s circumstances. Idk Japan. Just saying, in my situation, I 100% agree with the mother’s sentiment.

Users who are viewing this thread