Ouritsu Mahou Gakuen no Saikasei - Ch. 6 - The Fabricated Meritocracy

Dex-chan lover
What happened to it being a meritocracy? What bullshit.

Fed-Kun's army
Pretty sure I have already read that? I mean, generic, yeah, sure, but I really mean this exact chapter :x

Fed-Kun's army
Can we skip this bullsh*t about magic academy and focus on the waifus? They seem to be the most interesting thing in this work so far

Aggregator gang
I've got to be covert

Fucks arounds like no tomorrow

I swear these authors just think of new premises so they can revert back to tropes in under 5 chapters

Dex-chan lover
Wait, I though his gimmick was that he have to rely on his gun and not powerful magic?

I really don't understand how nobles can suck at magic this much. How noble one is, is obviously in correlation to their magical ability (that only nobles use magic BS + they probably used their power to take care of anyone who said they weren't nobles). I get why they would crackdown on any commoners that can challenge their position but surely there's other territories to worry about as well as infighting. Being adept at magic should at the very least be something all nobles work on to guarantee their current position within society.

If they're this shit they lose their position and some of their own territory to others who only have to be 1/2 decent within the empire. They empire would also be fucked the moment another nation attacked.

Dex-chan lover
the blond friend is giving off sus vibes~ idk if this is only me but yeah.

@whakatewhinau i forgot where i read it but it say this

Greed and chaos era gave birth to heroism era where people became strong bring peace, after that peace will give birth to weak society because they doesnt need to be strong because theres no war/etc, but when there's peace there will be corrupt and unfair rule by the strong(noble/royal) that gonna bring another greed and chaos, something like that, i forgot what is the correct phrase

Fed-Kun's army
@Whakatewhinau I agree. For a society that places heavy emphasis on magic capability as a noble, why are they so go damn shitty and weak. Magic is the power base of nobles in this society, so how can they be so weak compared to the commoner assassins/black ops? I know the MC has the plot armour OP cheat, but they can't even get to 1% of his power?

Really? Then that just means magic isn't really important in aristocratic society, if they can't even match the weakest of the weak in the underworld. Like it really makes no sense. There should be at least 1 or 2 people out of thousands of participants who can do at least 1% of the MC's abilities. But none? I can't fathom how that makes sense in a magically dominated society.

There better be an explanation for this later, or the author is just really half-assed at world building. But then again, I shouldn't expect a story with OP protags to have decent world building, since the whole point is to make you want to be like MC, instead of being immersed into the story.

“This is a meritocracy “

Proceeds to complain about the one star nobles passing and the literally changes the rules of the test for a commoner. I know every genre has their tropes but only in manga do they cling to them so hard. Why even establish that this school has always been open to everyone if you’re just gonna do the same old tired class structure bs. It’d have made more sense if this was the 1st class to be run as a meritocracy.

Fed-Kun's army
how tiring. Do you really think people would respect an academy with such shitty teachers? What a joke

Users who are viewing this thread