Overgeared - Ch. 161

Double-page supporter
Hey it's great to see people get into scanlating but it's not really polite to pick up something being done already.

This series is being done by Reaper Scans and they're available at reaperscans.com

Contributor
Just a fyi, reaper is caught up to the latest chapter they just delay their upload to MD cause they want people to use their website (some people find this annoying but it’s understandable 🤷🏼)

For future scans, it’s usually not too hard to find someone to PR your work, especially since your translations are close enough that any 1st language English speaker could PR them. Gl with whatever you work on next 👌

(Also, TL notes are always a great touch)

Hey it's great to see people get into scanlating but it's not really polite to pick up something being done already.

This series is being done by Reaper Scans and they're available at reaperscans.com
i only translated that bcz chap 161 was taking AGES to be released. i translated from portuguese as i said. and i fully aware tht reaper version is better visualy. i 100% tought that reaper had drop overgeared

Just a fyi, reaper is caught up to the latest chapter they just delay their upload to MD cause they want people to use their website (some people find this annoying but it’s understandable 🤷🏼)

For future scans, it’s usually not too hard to find someone to PR your work, especially since your translations are close enough that any 1st language English speaker could PR them. Gl with whatever you work on next 👌

Reaperscans is still 4 chapters behind right now, though. Chapter 165 was released last Friday.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah. I am waiting for reaperscan too but they delaying it too long

They uploaded 2 days ago......? There's no way you thought they dropped it lol.

"

i only translated that bcz chap 161 was taking AGES to be released. i translated from portuguese as i said. and i fully aware tht reaper version is better visualy. i 100% tought that reaper had drop overgeared"

Contributor
They uploaded 2 days ago......? There's no way you thought they dropped it lol.

"

i only translated that bcz chap 161 was taking AGES to be released. i translated from portuguese as i said. and i fully aware tht reaper version is better visualy. i 100% tought that reaper had drop overgeared"
Taking ages? Bruh there was a three day gap between ch 160 and ch 161, are you talking about taking a long time on their website or to upload it to mangadex?

You do realize that reaper hasn't translated Overgeared for several weeks, right? chp 162 is old af. Stop sucking up to reaper... They don't give af about this manhwa. They released and possibly copied this TLs translation.

Chp 162 isn't the latest tho? They are waaay behind, they haven't uploaded anything for the past 2-4 weeks. I don't mind reading on their site, had they actually translated something to upload.

Taking ages? Bruh there was a three day gap between ch 160 and ch 161, are you talking about taking a long time on their website or to upload it to mangadex?
What about the gap between 161 and 162? That is what's being discussed here..

don't matter which site as long as the upload something

Double-page supporter
i only translated that bcz chap 161 was taking AGES to be released. i translated from portuguese as i said. and i fully aware tht reaper version is better visualy. i 100% tought that reaper had drop overgeared
it's cool, just wanted to let you know in case you didn't know they were still doing it. i hope they dont drop it anytime soon lol

oh btw, i think you should check out the 'Scanlation School' discord server, if you have the time and you're interested in levelling up :D
image.png

Double-page supporter
You do realize that reaper hasn't translated Overgeared for several weeks, right? chp 162 is old af. Stop sucking up to reaper... They don't give af about this manhwa. They released and possibly copied this TLs translation.
well yes they are lagging behind in catching up to raws, but its the norm to wait at least 3 months before picking up a series which a group was doing already, and haven't mentioned dropping. And also, it's not sucking up to anyone. They may be slow now but they do a really REALLY good job with each chapter and have been for a long time.

And i believe they released before this chapter was uploaded to md (also, its not possible to copy, proof read, clean and typeset all this text and upload in like an hour)

I'd rather get it late than have to read it like this. It looked like crap, nearly EVERY sentence had spelling errors, and the translation made everyone sound like some kind of DudeBro. I couldn't finish it, just painful.

• This
Reactions: GK
Dex-chan lover
I don't understand.
Why scanlator has to wait 3 MONTHs before they translate it?
Is it has something to do with idk legal prob or what?
I'm not very familiar with it

Contributor
Chp 162 isn't the latest tho? They are waaay behind, they haven't uploaded anything for the past 2-4 weeks. I don't mind reading on their site, had they actually translated something to upload.
image0.jpg

They upload like 3-6 chapters a month, which is like a chapter a week. They aren’t making an effort to catch up, but they’re releasing chapters pretty consistently

well yes they are lagging behind in catching up to raws, but its the norm to wait at least 3 months before picking up a series which a group was doing already, and haven't mentioned dropping. And also, it's not sucking up to anyone. They may be slow now but they do a really REALLY good job with each chapter and have been for a long time.

And i believe they released before this chapter was uploaded to md (also, its not possible to copy, proof read, clean and typeset all this text and upload in like an hour)
This ^
Thanks for saying that better than I could

Users who are viewing this thread