Overgeared - Ch. 17

@LamaVert

Being single-minded can give one tunnel vision and greed is actually what inspired Grid's name. It's even supposed to be Greed and not Grid, but RainbowTurtle, the translator of the novel, decided to use Grid.

Supporter
The 600 Golds are for the debt of Khan, too bad...

Why are the MC this dumb :'(

Dex-chan lover
@GerryCeryBery
[TL Note from ch 1089 about the MC’s name]
(TL Note: Small explanation, MC’s name in Korean is 그리드, which is pronounced Geu-ri-d.’ It could be both Grid or Greed but I chose to go with Grid because I thought Grid was a better name and this isn’t the common Korean word used for Greed. It wasn’t until a few hundred chapters later where the author wrote the name in English that I discovered it was ‘Greed.’ Still, I kept the name Grid because readers are used to it and I prefer it better. Some names sound weird when translated to English and used in an English sentence, such as Lord and Greed. But the essence of Grid’s name means ‘greed.’)

Why would he give 600 gold to the player only to require him to give it right back. It would be better to just say that the loan would be forgiven.

Dex-chan lover
Man, I hate this MC. He is way too greedy for chump change instead of aiming for actual good money from his creations, he is entitled for no reason, way to lazy for someone who supposed to embody perseverance, he ignores opportunities like being smith apprentice, which will let him craft with little to no investment and gain more knowledge. He played the game for years, claiming to want to make money off it, yet he know nothing about the game (eg. he doesn't even understand the value of his achievement with arrows). I'm sure forum are buzzing about top guilds trying to find him, but he only get on to shit post about another player. It must be hard living being that mentally challenged...

Fed-Kun's army
I wish this was something more like a death game, but it would be much harder to write a selfish mc in that context. The npcs would be more significant and his craftsmanship would mean the difference of his and other peoples' life and death rather than just progressing in a game. There could be some conflict in that people would want him to make things cheap so they could use it to survive and about the dangers of acquiring rare materials. That would have been so much better. Still, I'm still a little intrigued about how his blacksmithing will evolve. I definitely hope he shows some more redeeming qualities from this point, though.

Users who are viewing this thread