Overgeared - Ch. 20

Dex-chan lover
Man, I always liked the president's reactions, particularly around Grid. Everyone going BUT THE NUMBERS and whining about how Grid is ruining their perfect scenario and the president is just chilling with some popcorn and going this is fun

Dex-chan lover
@Micro

He super is for now. If you read the novel, you see a lot more of his thoughts and random happenstance. He's a twisted, idiotic dingus who makes you rage just to hear how he thinks.

But at this point he's toxic to Satisfy for reasons:
His class is tied to the entire plot of Satisfy, and kicks off a lot of other special things for others, opening up many storylines and new content. If it goes into the hands of someone who'll abuse it/let it stagnate/not use it to its full potential, an incomprehensible amount of content goes out the window, hurting the entire game and the company. The lady who suggested taking the class away from him was not being a bitch, she was worried he'd basically tank the rest of the world by being his usual asshole incompetent self.

Fed-Kun's army
I'm honestly tired of ppl saying that we should read the novel 😅. It makes me want to read it less. I'm excited to see what comes next with Grid 😏

Aggregator gang
You can just keep reading this, its an impressively good adaption so far.
And for those interested in the webnovel, this chapter is around chapter 35 in terms of webnovel.
And huh, now that i look at it, they also did the pacing good so far.

Aggregator gang
Anybody else waiting for the MC to truly rise up as an epic gamer and slowly transforming into a decent human being like in the novels?

Fed-Kun's army
@WildGrizzlyBear
A game that starts uninterruptible timed quests with a duration measured in days that doesn't take into account how long a user has already been logged in for? The game is a steaming wreck of bad design in the unique way that only games in stories about games can be.

Dex-chan lover
@Kanol

Did you not notice that Huroi was given a chance to back out of the quest and turn it down?

Fed-Kun's army
@Kayriel - Yes. That doesn't really change anything I said? If logging out counts as failing the quest it's an uninterruptible quest. If completing a class quests subjects players to duress that requires you to pay for on site medical attention, you have done fucked up. Doubly so if every person encountering said quest rightfully saying "fck that noise" causes your game's world progression to grind to a screeching halt. But then again there was that FF14 fat chocobo promotion so maybe this is just the world we live in now.

https://www.pcgamer.com/chinese-ff14-players-are-eating-inhuman-piles-of-kfc-to-earn-chocobos/

Dex-chan lover
@Kanol

None of what you said was true, though? He could have just not taken the quest, he understood the risks and judged himself to be healthy enough - and since logging out fails the quest, that's still interruptible - if you can't take it you will be logged out, so what if the quest fails? God it's not like plenty of our lot don't do this voluntarily. He's not paying for emergency medical services, the company is.
And it doesn't bother the world progression at all, he's just the FIRST to find a hidden quest that unlocks a second class. There are other ways, other hidden quests, other objectives. He just found THIS particular one among many others, through unknowingly hitting all the right triggers.

Except the chocobo thing, that's totally true.

Group Leader
lakdjfh Your mass release was frickin' amazeballs but now we have to waitttttttttttt //dead

Fed-Kun's army
@Kayriel I certainly don't think I said anything untruthful? Are you sure you're not just misinterpreting the language I'm using? Well, whatever. YES, he could forfeit and log out. The point is that he can't say, go take a leak, eat some vitamins, brush his teeth, hide his fetish gear or prepare in any way. His choice is "right now do this or fail" and he could have been on for up to 20 hours already. That's what I mean by uninterruptible, and it's a bit nuts is all I'm saying.

And yeah, it's his choice but people don't always have the information or make sound decisions about their health.* The fact that the company is ass covering by sending med tecs to get all up in his junk is an open admission that this is a dumb thing to do. Doesn't matter if he's not paying for it, shouldn't the company have (just for example say) designed the quest to allow for some brief intermissions? Interruptions? 20 free minutes every few hours to stretch? Save the company money on medical personnel? What is this weird sado "prove your worth by suffering" shit? Dude should find another quest if there's another quest.

*The fact that there's a force logout at 20 hours and a penalty is a nod to this.

Dex-chan lover
@Micro some of his toxicity are skipped to keep the pace every chapter. But the bottom lines is, he IS toxic. At least as far as
80~90 chapter
after that he will grow as a person

the unreasonable quest is being managed with full responsibility by the company. its not surprising Huroi would take it. Any danger that will befall to his real body, even the medical bill and rehabilitation for stayin too long after the quest will be covered by the company after all

Users who are viewing this thread