Overgeared - Ch. 34

Dex-chan lover
His debt was so small in comparison that he should have paid it and given the rest to them. Also save a small amount just to keep his business going on an emergency.

Dex-chan lover
I love the "It's not 240,000,000, but 240,800,000."

@ShionSinX His debt was $800,000 USD. I don't think most people would consider this to be small. Also, most small businesses don't have much cash on hand. Usually only 2 weeks of operating expenses.

Dex-chan lover
@AMetroid it was 8k USD not 800k (its 800k won, not dollars). He had a bit over 200k USD (2.000.000 won), he could have paid his own debt 20 times over.

Dex-chan lover
@ShionSinX Take a look again. It is 800M, as in million, as in 800,000,000 Won (so closer to $666,000 USD than $800k but still)

37-befbd66d319e1f73fded7694df19cb418f1ca66c82ae21adc5e43a08d81d5636.jpg

Here's the WN chapter 62.

Edit: Are you thinking about Grid's debt that he took on to get the game capsule? That was ~$10k USD IIRC. I am referring above to the debt that his father just got stuck with. Also Grid does pay off his capsule debt and gives (lends) the rest to his father.

Fed-Kun's army
His family is such a fucking anchor, who gives a shit if they approve of him or not, all they have done is shit on him since the very beginning.

Fed-Kun's army
How about having some spine and not giving a fuck about your familys approval?
(Especially since all they've done is shit on you before that)
When your father is such an idiot, then his comments/judging shouldn't matter anything to our protagonist.

I'm still pretty disappointed at this manhwas plot, since right the moment our mc is able to make a decent income, his deus-ex debt creator dad jumps on the stage to nullify mc's success, so that we're in even deeper hole than before..

Dex-chan lover
What the fuck did these people do to have this much debt? Their family owes like a million dollars when the house they have is like 250k?

@lionfromnorth his dad friends used his name as guarantee for loan. And that person vanished, so his dad have to pay the said loan. There is no more explanation about this too in the novel, in the end grid pay all of it

Prankly speaking. i hate his greediness of money. I hate his characteristics. It's better to read Solo-leveling. What a trash personality he has. 🙂

@Gatero014 I agree hes trash but hes clearly improving and the manga has been faster in that then the novel that i dont get frustrated... besides, the greedy personality... how is that different from weed from LMS? At least he isnt evil enough to sell his family, hes an honarable greedy person at least.

@Aelth @Joonhas until now, it was his family who supported him, he is not a little child, but a 26y old, he can live there for free, he also doesn't look like the type who do chores, so he has basically hotel family
and judging from this chapter, the whole family is quite stupid (maybe except his sister) in financial things, who the heck is signing such a guarantee if you don't even nearly have that money?

and for now, even if his greed and his attitude towards others like steng is too much, it's really frustrating if you constantly put in so much effort but barely get anything out it

Am I the only one to find his greediness of money, hilarious lmao, it was the reason he got the skill in the first place.

@Gatero014 Worse than Solo Leveling's MC? The guy who didn't give a fuck about the island raid because "not his problem" despite it being a danger to Korea? Need I remind you that countless people had already died in said raid before and yet the MC didn't move until the very last minute? And you are saying Grid is worse than that piece of shit? lol

Dex-chan lover
but how can you convert in game money to irl currency?
sounds like freaking inflation to me

Dex-chan lover
but how can you convert in game money to irl currency?
sounds like freaking inflation to me
Ya, the author pegs it to 1 gold = 1 USD = 1,200 Won.
Obviously this would change as more players started earning more gold. But after MC pays off his debts the specifics of money don't really matter much to the narrative. It's enough to say he's able to/does earn a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread