Overgeared - Ch. 45

Fed-Kun's army
was rebbeca's daughter someone we were introduced to before?

@shase Grid isn't playing his class correctly in a game where you make a choice and the system works around it, so because of him being absolutely brain dead it seems the npcs are reacting in a weird way.

@shase Grid has a habit of treating all the NPCs as if they are fully sentient. Of course this doesn't mean he treats them well per se (he does have awful social skills and he's very self-centered). However, because he treats them like this, the system responds in very unique and unpredictable ways that cascade into world altering events beyond the scope of the administrators intentions. (or at least that's what the author is trying to imply)

Double-page supporter
@Pyrion
And at the same time he's so "immersed" in the game that he'd stand around for 30 minutes waiting for a quest notification?

@Mira995, Rebecca was introduced before as the goddess of light and creation.
So Rebecca's daughter is related.
It's a title earned. She's not a descendant of the goddess.
Maybe you're thinking about Irene, the earl's daughter being sacrificed in the beginning, who was also silver haired.

Anyone knows what the admin means by 'avoiding anything that will directly lead to success' ?

For such an advanced game with him having such an OP class you would think even by accident he would have more success. It does seem like the author has Grid always pulled in so many directions that previous pay offs are forgotten instantly to jump to the next new thing. Plus I get dense MC are pretty common but this guy is down right dumber than rocks half the time when it really doesn’t make sense. It’s gotten a bit better lately so hopefully it keep going that way.

So how long till this guy becomes more tolerable ? It's getting real frustrating to read lately

Aggregator gang
@adricted leveling up past 150 and following the current main storyline made for him, instead hes ignoring it all and trying to make money without doing much at all

So for anyone who’s read ahead in the LN, does Grid become any less insufferable?

I’m enjoying the premise, but Grid’s personality is outright painful to read. Once you think he’s finally grown as a character, the Author returns him to his extremely self-centered ways.

Dex-chan lover
Grid's personality is legit the main reason I keep reading this. It's hilarious.

Group Leader
@Nyamses Yes
To the point that you wouldn’t believe he’s the same! Don’t get me wrong, his character development is the best one I have ever read in my life, not too slow and not too fast and sudden. Truly a character done right. Also everything affects his personality in a reasonable and logical way.
Now he’s one of the best characters in the novels that I read

Users who are viewing this thread