Overgeared - Ch. 45

@adricted If Grid stopped chasing legendary crafts and just pumped out something cheap and profitable, he could grind his higher quality procs for free stats and extra profit.

hell he could reveal himself and have top players fighting to bankroll him until he comes up big with a craft.

Dex-chan lover
@evilengineer I thought about that as well, but maybe its not that profitable? Like, he can make a cheap dagger/sword/armor that will always be better than an item sold by NPCs or other blacksmiths, but the power difference is exponential (was it 15%? 20%?), which would give a small bonus on weaker items while the price would be higher, which could make so it doesnt sells well.

It only really becomes a good deal when the base value is somewhat high and he rolls for something that will catch people's attention (like epic or legendary), which means that anything of lower quality would be materials spent for no guaranteed profit; for example if he makes 10 but only one is epic and only that one sells, its price would have to outweight the production of all 10 items. On the long run sure, if you put on the shop the 'failures' they might sell someday, but he needs lots of money ASAP to pay his and his family's debts.

I just think that he should try start making items on demand and the buyer giving the materials, so the quality would be higher than if they bought the ready-made items (and materials in general cost less than the finished product), the cost would be reduced and his work itself would be the selling service. Materials + service should be cheaper for the buyer than if they only got the final product, specially if they hunt the materials themselves.

Dex-chan lover
@Nyamses
No one changes personality in like 1 month, it takes years. Grid's growth is the most beautiful and realistic I'd ever read on a novel, I recommend you read.

@Degernase There is a difference between treating the NPCs as sentient and being immersed and forgetting that he is in a game. The NPCs are aware of the mechanics in the game, such as the fact that players don't age or die like regular NPCs. Similarly, they are aware of the existence of quests and their associated rewards. For example, we just saw Piaro request Grid's help with a quest last chapter. He then followed it up with a question about Grid not thinking the rewards were enough, yet Piaro never said anything out loud regarding the rewards or even the real objective. The mechanics of the game are natural to the NPCs and they act like regular people who happen to live in a world where these game mechanics are just the way things are. Grid has borderline adopted the same mentality as the NPCs, which is pretty evident in how he takes almost everything within the game world personally.

Grid waiting around for the quest for 30 minutes was actually pretty in-line with the game's mechanics, and even the director spying on him mentioned that it would have been normal for a quest to trigger. The author is starting to show us that Grid's greatest redeeming quality is his perseverance to accomplish what he wants, even if most people would find it tedious or boring. Most people in the story seem to think he's just lucky, but the author goes to pretty great extremes to show just how unlucky he actually is.

That priest lol.

I remember making an account in an online game. I AM a priest there but i look like im the front line tank or at least the fighter monk because of the robe on how big and burly my character was (i made it look like that plus the racial bonus on the defense is good since healers tend to be focused first so that small tankiness for the loss of a bit of damage was a good exchange)

@SaltyKracka
Thanks.
@Jesotku and @Pyrion
I understand now. So basically is the effect of his dumbness with the way he treats the game's NPC as well as the way he sees his class that create the variable.
Thanks

πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜‚

When he saw the shield was rare and said fu*k you devil ..and i died πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Dex-chan lover
@sonyaism

for an NPC in this story, she is actually fairly smart.
But she is a bit too trusting and has a flair for the dramatics.
And the fact she is a daughter of Rebecca is a big reason for all of the above.
you will find out what that all means later on.

Fed-Kun's army
I never read the novel
Seriously if just once or two failures it will be okay, but the repeated events like this is totally sucks
I don't know what author thinking when making this stories
At least give him some success

@rei893 the author intentionally writes grid as someone who is really unlucky. he's never even found money in the streets lol. imo, it'll be more satisfying when something good finally happens to grid. but yeah, earlier in the story, unfortunate things will keep happening to grid. sometimes because shit happens, other times because grid is dumb.

Fed-Kun's army
@Disappointed
Just to wait anything good happening thing for Grid is like playing Gacha game
πŸ˜‘πŸ˜‘πŸ˜‘πŸ˜‘πŸ˜‘

Users who are viewing this thread