Overgeared

Fed-Kun's army
@N7NobodyCats
MC is a complete idiot game-wise because he doesn't do any research into anything that actually goes on in it(for now). He's simply too bullheaded to do so and wants to do it all his own way which constantly bites him in the ass. Also, Epic and Rare classes are only known to a few, Rankers generally have normal classes which is why it becomes news when one gets a class change. He's not even good at combat, its just the effects of the items he has that lets him overwhelm people. Even other rankers mention how bad he is at actual combat as he doesn't even know the basics. This is actually central to his character growth for the next few arcs. Same with his incredibly bad luck.

Pretty entertaining story, like moonlight sculptor but without the awkward art changes. At least so far.

But what I always wonder about these games in these sorts of stories is what kind of microtransactions they're running. Why is one gold in the game worth practically $1? How the hell are his guild mates affording weapons worth hundreds of thousands if not millions of gold? Is the world economy in shambles because of all this gold from the game or what?

It's a fun power fantasy but as always the whole premise falls apart if you ever really think about it.

What, wait im done already? 57 chapters just like that? What the fuck, why, I need more, come on...

...why is the sun rising....

Does the main character get better? I'm starting to rage out every chapter at how bad he is at the game and how shitty his personality is. It was amusing at first, but it's at the point where I want to punch my screen.

@Adaxt965 @TurntableFM I read like 1000 pages (but I dropped it)of the novel because people kept saying how MC will improves and blabla and honestly, he did but... that's it? I was hoping the whole dynamic would drastically improve but was kind of a let-down tbh. It's not a bad novel per se there are definitely better ones out there. This is just my 2 cents though.

As a fan of an overpowered fantasy story, it's a good read. Requirements: shuts your brain off. Serious warning tho. Shut. Your brain. Off. Because if you don't, it's quite hard to enjoy this manhwa.

As everyone has mentioned, the MC is an overpowered beta cuck male.

The plot is all over the place.

And the setting is even harder to believe. 1 in-game gold equal to 1 US dollar? Are they trying to rip off the player with that price? And since they can trade the in-game currency into real-life money, how the f*ck can the game dev make a stable profit for years? It's even weirder to know that the dev deliberately makes a class that can make millions of profit in-game and in real life without spending a single cent. Any logical person will realize right away that this one legendary class will make the company bankrupt in a matter of months.

Also, wtf with the game engine!? NPCs have feelings and emotions!? And they all have different characters and different egos!? And you can have a full-blown conversation with every NPC!? And what's worse, all of the NPC have FREE WILL!? Whatever engine they use to make the game, it's borderline magical. It's humanly impossible. It might as well be a GOD who created this game.

There is also no privacy protection in the game. Your in-game avatar is exactly the same as your real-life appearance. You can easily connect the two and two together. Surprisingly, the company can publicly announce whatever information about a player on the tv. This should be illegal.

And lastly, since we know that this is just a game, there is almost no suspense moment in the story. When someone dies, they simply logged out. When someone says "my life is on the line", it has no meaning whatsoever. And when Huroi said to follow Grid forever as a subordinate, that's quite a laughable dedication. This is just a game. Chill the f*ck out, will you?

[EDIT 1]
I agree when others said that the game NPC has a better overall story and character than any other real-life human character. The NPCs has proper background, story, character, goal, and they are the one that guides the MC along the way. Meanwhile, the users (human player) are just there to be stronger. If they are not strong, they won't even be mentioned. This is also one of the reasons why I can't believe whatever technology they use to create NPCs in the game.

Anyway, I've read until the latest chapter 57 and I'm planning to continue. It's fun casual reading. It certainly has its flaws, but it's a solid 7/10 for me. And I'm planning to make a jump to the novel.

Fed-Kun's army
@Azhakolt all the brain destroying stupidity is also pretty typical for any other story about playing VRMMO, like they all came for the same mold.
The one thing Overgeared does differently is protagonist who is a dick.

Users who are viewing this thread