Overlord - Vol. 14 Ch. 57.1

Dex-chan lover
dialogue seemed fine to me, not sure what all the complaining's about

Fed-Kun's army
UGH! Everytime I get hopeful with a new update I remember they still on this filler story.
This shit super boring and unnecessary.

Double-page supporter
hoo boy, I can imagine this being extremely hard to follow if you haven't read the novels

Hey @relic626 this is not filler it is adapting Overlord Volume 8 it comes with scenes in the Light Novel that are not in the anime. Also if you don't like this then don't fucking read it.

Fed-Kun's army
@Senatedude this is filler quality story dude regardless of if it was i the LN or not.
You can skip this entire arc and it does nothing to the overall story.
This author suffers from focusing too much on smaller details, the anime skips all of this none sense for that same reason.
Also blocked and reported, tf you cussing me for, are you stupid?

Dex-chan lover
Why is she surprised she is the one with the magical hack item that lets her control monsters.

Fed-Kun's army
this is not a filler arc, this is the consequences of Ainz "taming" Hamsuke without thinking
he broke the forest's power balance and placing the villages surrounding the forest in danger
now he have to make it right and while he's doing it, we get the villager's point of view of how things unfold
and it's also showing us side characters growth (of enri, nifea and most importantly lupusregina)
i have no complaint other than that the pace is a bit too slow for a monthly manga

Dex-chan lover
@Senatedude Not sure if they fixed the pages, I reread the whole thing and most of it seems fine now.

Page 17's bottom panel, however, doesn't flow well.

Page 18 and 19 Agu keep using a lot of "then" not sure if this is an accurate translation.

Page 20 seems like there needs to be punctuation between "Hard work" and "Thank you"

Page 24 "I think I got some time before gown came to help me" doesn't make sense in this context. "Protect the safety of the Carne Village with your own hands" also does not really work in this context and I'm assuming it's the confusion caused by the lack of Pronouns/Subject in typical Japanese speech.

Fed-Kun's army
@Stadenwick dude... if it's contributing to the worldbuilding then it's not a filler arc then
oh well, maybe we just have different definition of what a "filler" is

i stand by my point, this is not a filler arc because this is the result of Ainz's earlier doings and he's trying to fix it while also building a base of operation in the forest
skipping this thing is like killing one of the four heavenly kings and then nothing happened afterwards, not even any reaction from the other 3 left

i think people calling this filler arc are just here for a power fantasy manga, so they got bored because we get enri's pov most of the time

Dex-chan lover
@yohane maybe we do, so let's agree on that

that said, Overlord generally does not follow Ainz's pov after the beginning arcs. The Kingdom arc, for example follow mostly Climb's perspective and The Lizardmen follow the Lizards', and so on and so forth. He usually relegated to the side way, only appearing later to show how he have no clue of what's happening. I think the filler "feel" came from the fact that the whole arc felt a lot more slower and the tone shift abruptly to relaxed life in the village.

Users who are viewing this thread