Overlord - Vol. 15 Ch. 61.0 - Chapter 61 Prologue

Fed-Kun's army
i still can't accept how they talk so highly for a single lowly death knight.... lol

Dex-chan lover
Why is every NPC so obsessed with Nabe's beauty? I mean she's got it all but this is obsession of a certain degree.

@yohane that is because you don't know how much trouble it was for them to capture it(the novel tells it on detail), having one of those is like having a monster worth a few gold rank adventurers or a orichalcum rank adventurer

on average that world people level is on 15 at best or so far regular untrained people, for most soldiers and trained people like adventurers their overall cap is at 30, only those who are trully talented can go beyond that, adamantite rank adventurers are between lvl 40 to 60, and 60 is very rare already(for example, evileye is treated as lvl 50), a death knight level is treated as 35, and one of its skills makes it hard to be killed, meanwhile he has more than 1 hp, he can't die, so if it has something what can heal it, it will be a very troublesome enemy to deal whit

Fed-Kun's army
@cronft oh don't worry, i said that as a joke (i've read all 14 volumes currently published)
it's just so ironic to see them treat is oh so awesome
especially after ainz summoned a whole army of them in the war, as decoration

Dex-chan lover
@popo53414 It might not have been as big a problem in the original novel, but this manga adaptation, the same as the anime, would bump into the old "most beautiful woman" problem. How can you actually make someone stand out as an exceptional beauty when pretty much all of the girls are beauties? Because that's how most manga (and anime) are. Most girls, aside from some bully sidekicks, must be drawn to be beautiful or cute to be pleasant for the reader to look at. Not to mention it's difficult to draw the kind average people the RL obviously is full of, with the level of detail manga typically has. So, in a high school romcom you might have the students talk about some adored "school madonna", who, in reality, is no more beautiful than any of the central characters, who are all beauties, but might of course have different mannerism and an entourage to make her stand out in some way.

In reality the world of this series should be full of completely ordinary, even dull looking people, aside from a few exceptions (like the princess and such). There would be also lots and lots of women with some flaws in their beauty, especially considering the level of development (no health care). Then Nabe would look like a supermodel proudly walking behind Momon.

@popo53414 @Kaarme
I can't remember if any of this was addressed in the LN or if this was someone's head cannon I read off a forum, but the whole "most beautiful women" thing was explained because the girls were literally created to be beautiful. I.e. the players, supreme beings created their ideal waifus.
So when they're transported to the new world, Nazarick's women possessed "otherworldy" beauty, in comparison to the new world's women. Thus new worlders are always in awe of Nabe's beauty. There's a drama CD of a
young noble infatuated by Nabe's beauty and immediately wants her to be his wife.
Also the women of the new world were described to be not beautiful, but also not ugly. Especially in comparison to the pleiades maids.
This idea might be harder to show in anime and manga as Kaarme explained.

Users who are viewing this thread