Oversimplified SCP - Ch. 35 - SCP-2000

Dex-chan lover
It's implied that the device is centuries, if not thousands of years old.

Dex-chan lover
"...Besides, how much of the 20th-2█th centuries do we really want to re-write, and how many times? Isn’t one ‘Great War’ hard enough to keep track of?"

I was wondering when they'd get to this one.

SCP-2000 is arguably responsible more than any other for the way that the Foundation shifted from single, relatively mundane anomalous objects (like the infinite cake), to wider arcs. Series III, which 2000 kicked off, is where, IMO, the idea of the SCP Foundation as a unified and interesting body of science fiction / new weird literature begins to take shape.

I like pretty much all SCPs of course, but 2000 is definitely an important one.

Surprised at no mention of the original Document Recovered From The Mariana Trench, as despite being by a different author, it's what inspired the creation of SCP-2000.

Dex-chan lover
...so the world reset at least 2 times? And it's broken now?
Thanks for the info, Dr. Bright.

Dex-chan lover
It's also heavily implied that the technology required to restore SCP-2000 has been either lost or
does not work in the current reality anymore

Dex-chan lover
@planetJANE Aww man you beat me to it! I’m still rooting for Marianas Trench to be one of the first SCP tales to be adapted into a short/feature length film, whether it be standalone or part of a film series.

Supporter
aw. they didn't mention all the dimensional anchors and reality locks in the place

Aggregator gang
We must have so little faith in ourselves that we had to build a device to basically clone everything and everyone down to a T thousands of years ago. It must really show how our Ancestors thought to themselves "Yeah.......We are gonna fucked ourselves at least three times. Ugh...let's build a device that can clone everything and everyone and pump memory wiping gas after they rebuild our fuck up. It's fine ?? Nothing can go wrong right?" Another point is that in the process of rebuilding civilization is there any protocols are in place that prevents people from taking the SCP over and just have total world dominance, beside the fact that THE FUCKING THING IS BROKEN AND HASN'T BEEN FIX SINCE 2009 AND THE SCHEDULE REPAIR DATE HAS BEEN PUSH TWICE.

Dex-chan lover
@AbuHajaar man you're scaring me.
We used the SCP too much and screwed up, and now we have to wait until science catches up before being able to fix it again

We've all probably died at least once before. Then this bad boy kicks in and we rebuild the world and forget. Fun eh?

Dex-chan lover
They didn't cover the best part:
the truth is, not even the Foundation is sure how many times SCP-2000 has been used.

I’m surprised that the Foundation wouldn’t keep at least SOME sort of record on what went wrong that ended the world, so they could at least avoid it happening again.

I’m assuming this was also partially inspired by the conspiracy theory that the 12th century didn’t exist and was made up by historians for some nefarious purpose.

Contributor
What I like about this is how it implied that 076 had (in his own way) humanity.
And since the world got rewritten, the causes behind his permanent containment got rewritten too.

It will be hilarious (or maybe not) if reason the expected to normal funtion date keep being pushed back are because the more they tried to fix it, the more they make it broken because it's too complicated to fix...

Users who are viewing this thread