Parallel Paradise - Vol. 2 Ch. 19.4 - Get Wet, Cry, Bend Over

Dex-chan lover
@Napul I'll add my two cents. I am, in no way, opposed to this kind of content.
However, maybe there SHOULD be some context to it in a sort of introduction page (like a credits page. A preamble, if you will).

What is this, where does it come from, is it from the manga, the wn, the ln? Same author, different? Etc.
Also any other information you may have gathered (if you have) from raws, twitter, etc. that we don't have access to. Is this canon? When does it take place, compared with the manga. Etc.

I mean, the first-page cover DOES have author name, but personally I didn't even see the English below the kanji. I mistook it for background.
And since I don't know Okamoto's kanji name, I didn't even look at it.

So yeah, a first page with a paragraph explaining that stuff might be a good idea.

Group Leader
@Tatherwood
What is this, where does it come from, is it from the manga, the wn, the ln?
This is short novel that was present in special edition of manga.
Same author, different? Etc.
Different author. His personal profile you can see at end of novel, right before our credits.
Also any other information you may have gathered (if you have) from raws, twitter, etc. that we don't have access to. Is this canon? When does it take place, compared with the manga. Etc.
Sincerely, we don't know. Whole content you see in this "chapter" is presented in exact way how was presented in original Tankoubon (following chapter 19, which was last in Vol.2). And there was nothing more than that. Our personal guess is that novel is non-canon, because in some details doesn't exactly match to what we know from manga.
I mean, the first-page cover DOES have author name, but personally I didn't even see the English below the kanji. I mistook it for background.
It little amaze me, how did you even managed that. That text is not really so small, or background meddling.😅
I suggest you look on covers of manga. It's present on every one of them in pretty big letters.
However, maybe there SHOULD be some context to it in a sort of introduction page (like a credits page. A preamble, if you will).
Beside what you see in this novel chapter and following special manga chapter, each pamphlet that is present in Special Editions of manga, has cover page with colored image of full-naked heroine (this one had Lilia) and page with content list. We currently considering whether and in what way we do or do not include it, in our releases here on Mangadex. As partially we feel, that some content should be really kept exclusive just to original tankoubons to give people motivation to buy it and support original artist. But we will see. Maybe we add them once we get to revise old chapters.
If you don't want waiting until then, here you can visit some of following shops where Special Edition can be bought:
Amazon
Kodansha's Ibook store
EbookJapan
Bookwalker

Dex-chan lover
@Napul
It little amaze me, how did you even managed that. That text is not really so small, or background meddling.😅
Simply cause I wasn't looking. Read the title (that I can read), glanced over the kanji of the author's name (that I can't read), and my eyes continued left to look at the person. I didn't stop to check what was below the kanji. I agree that, knowing it's there, it's not hard to see. I just wasn't looking in that specific area. AND if I was, I wouldn't have read it. This is objective: reading from phone I need to zoom in to read the English name. Why would I do that? I'd just assume it's the same author and move on.

I suggest you look on covers of manga. It's present on every one of them in pretty big letters.
I didn't say I don't know where the Author's name is. I said I simply don't bother learning the kanji of it. If you wanna judge me from it, fine, but I'm hardly the only one. If you can't read Japanese, you'll hardly be bored with wanting to read the kanji of the author, you just want the name.
Which links to my previous point. I know for a fact many people didn't see the kanji were different (cause we don't read it), hence why they didn't know it was a different author. At least one other person. You replied to them.

Plus plenty of other people confused about what this is, whether it's canon, etc. Which brings me to my last point of this reply 😅

I fear you didn't understand.
Beside what you see in this novel chapter and following special manga chapter, each pamphlet that is present in Special Editions of manga, has cover page with colored image of full-naked heroine
I didn't mean that you add the extra content that comes with special editions. I meant literally "a credits page". Like the Abe page you have at the end with the meme, the discord, the team, etc?
So, for THIS kind of content, that obviously is going to leave plenty of people confused (as already shown here 😅), you may want to consider adding another credit page, this one at the beginning, with all those things I mentioned.
Just a little paragraph saying "This was included at the end of Volume 2. It's written by a different author, [name]. We have no idea if it's canon or not, there's no other context or information before or after the novel".
Something like that. That's what I meant.

Group Leader
@Tatherwood: If you reading manga from mobile, I assume that you don't looking for so detailed experience, for name of writer even having any important meaning for you. And if it does, maybe you should consider using different device for your reading experience. Unfortunately it's not in our power to please everyone. 😔

Tankoubon itself doesn't provide more informations than you can already see there. Our intention is bring to reader most exact experience that he would had from reading original material, without any extra comments from translators, that don't belongs there. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me there, I will answer if I will know. But in releases itself, we going with "no comments policy". I believe that Okamoto and Kodansha knew why they arranged things like this.

Dex-chan lover
I skipped for the most part, since I just woke up. But much thanks for the novel chapter.

I'm gonna read this in its entirety in a few hours. Lore is lore and I am intrigued

thanks!

you are legends to have uploaded this any other scans would have just dumped it

Users who are viewing this thread