Parasyte Reversi - Vol. 2 Ch. 18 - Erlkönig

i dont' get it the kid is playing 5d chess with everyone, it's really hard to tell what's a lie and what isn't.
He did care for his friends tho

Damn that's pretty heavy actually. Also love that ending picture with the umbrella.

Dex-chan lover
Here, let me make it easier for you
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erlk%C3%B6nig_(Goethe)

I'm not intelligent enough to understand this particular chapter, can someone made it easier to understand? Thank you.

@edelgard
Basically, the father is a genuine psychopath and the son isn't. The son could have some sociopathic tendencies based on the way he was raised but it can also be that he's just incredibly dissociated with a lot of events that don't concern himself and the ones that he genuinely cares for. I'm assuming that maybe he thought that his dad was similar to him in a way, and not just "inhuman" but he knows now that there's no difference between his dad and the monster in the driver's seat. They both don't feel what normal people do, which is genuine human emotions such as love and fear.

Double-page supporter
That was sad. Father is a lost cause.

Are you sure that was teh right translation ? shouldnt it been "are you winning son?"

Fed-Kun's army
Dang his dad was a monster before the monsters showed up. I dont get much of the subtext though.

Aggregator gang
Those last 2 pages hit different, only real neglected children will understand.

Users who are viewing this thread