Password was found out?

Dex-chan lover
Joined
Dec 24, 2019
Messages
693
So when I logged in some time ago I got a warning saying my password got found in the files or something like that so I changed it but then I got the same message again. Since then I keep changing it whenever the message pops up but it keeps happening so I wanted to ask what this exactly is about and if others are affected as well? And yeah, I'm not really good with that kinda stuff so I'm sorry if its obvious to you. I would appreciate someone explaining to me.
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Apr 18, 2025
Messages
195
So when I logged in some time ago I got a warning saying my password got found in the files or something like that so I changed it but then I got the same message again. Since then I keep changing it whenever the message pops up but it keeps happening so I wanted to ask what this exactly is about and if others are affected as well? And yeah, I'm not really good with that kinda stuff so I'm sorry if its obvious to you. I would appreciate someone explaining to me.
@BakedBanana Old Man, help this person
 
Forum Oji-san
Contributor
Joined
Apr 26, 2020
Messages
11,544
@Makenai - five and a half years ago, there was a breach of the MD database. If you've changed your password since then (which it sounds like you have), you're clear on that front, though if you reuse passwords across multiple sites, any other sites with the same password should also get a change.

It's possible this is your browser throwing up a warning for your MD login, in which case you should investigate that warning and see where it leads. However, if in doubt, STOP, find a reasonably internet-capable friend, and ask them to help you. MD can't really provide effective support for anything outside of MD.
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Dec 24, 2019
Messages
693
@Makenai - five and a half years ago, there was a breach of the MD database. If you've changed your password since then (which it sounds like you have), you're clear on that front, though if you reuse passwords across multiple sites, any other sites with the same password should also get a change.

It's possible this is your browser throwing up a warning for your MD login, in which case you should investigate that warning and see where it leads. However, if in doubt, STOP, find a reasonably internet-capable friend, and ask them to help you. MD can't really provide effective support for anything outside of MD.
Thank you. Its possible I used the password for something else once, however it was definitely not anything important. I'm very careful on that front. Also I did change this one after the first warning, like I said on my previous post.
I did change it again yesterday and since then it stopped giving me a warning. (I also changed the one I once used the same password just to be sure) Maybe my phone gave me this warning because I used it for other sites as well.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top