Peerless Dad - Vol. 1 Ch. 32

@oblueknighto, despite all the shittalking I did on them for terms, the translator himself is actually quite good! I don't want you to get the wrong idea on this. The translator was just inexperienced with wuxia stuff, and I was just pissed about them using "sniping" as an excuse to fuck up the terms for a series like this. Hopefully the translator learns to gain more experience before trying his hand at wuxia again. Or you know, not sniping would be good too... I've no context of what's going on, but sniping's something that I'll always frown upon as a translator.

edit: looks like I misread your comment in the morning. Sorry about that. Consider this a response to other people in the thread, lol.

Double-page supporter
@Mortaze
I'm not sure rushing these releases really proves @nogroup's point. Trash has a lot of series. They might well be temporarily prioritizing the series that get snipped at the expense of others. That is reallocating the time they have. I don't know how much time that is but I do know -
1. Time is limited one way or another.
2. RL comes first always.

And if it turned out someone is cutting studying time etc to push out chapters faster because of this, that isn't a good thing either. Neither is it a good thing if they push themselves enough to get burned out.

Regarding the translations itself - while I'm always glad to read things sooner - I think the current events make much more sense having now read the Trash version. Before I was under the impression the MC had been made weaker, but they actually gave him more room to grow.

I still have no bloody idea what "Murim" is. Maybe I missed/forgot an explanation given earlier. I'm guessing it means something like secret society of martial artists or something.

Fed-Kun's army
To put it simply "Murim" is the world of the martial artist, not some sect or whatever. So it means that to enter "Murim" is to prepare to encounter lots of martial artist and so having to beat them in order to get stronger and in the end... just surviving.
And to get to your first point,
it seems I was misunderstoud, well it was my fault for not explaining my point. I agree with you on the fact that trashscanlation have a lot of series to release and it is understandable that by using their time in another way they can push up there release rate. My point was actually, even if they now concentrate on one serie over the others what will see someone that just followed a bit what was said concerning nogroup/trashscanlation ? They'll just see that before trahscanlation was releasing weekly and at some point when another groups came by they tried to release it faster. Which is kind of what nogroup was claiming. In fact it's not true that they were just slowing down the translation if they just decided to take their time and to do a lot of series at the same time. I mean 1 chapter for 10 series a week and 10 chapter for 1 serie are almost the same but are not perceived the same. If you had to that the fact that there is a claim that they could "beg for" money, while using an ad-free platform who promot free fan-scanlation since otherwise it would take money from the author... it can cause some confusion there, and so in some way not proving nogroup's point but at least giving it some credit. This is my point. Sorry to post it in this comment section but well it still related at this point.

Relevant post to this drama: https://www.reddit.com/r/scanlationdrama/comments/9kabkw/trash_scans_needs_to_stop_lying/

Paywall issue brought up by /u/Professional_Bad comment permalink: https://www.reddit.com/r/manga/comments/9kapsu/trash_scans_blatant_lies/e6y7ljb/

Fed-Kun's army
Isn't the old guy pretending to be a lowly janitor a common trope? Of course he's gonna be op.

In reference to @enjs and @trashscanlations , in the beginning of this chapter when you point out the mistranslation of no-groups, you say, "... be the band of big boy autists from 4chan or whatever."
Are you making fun of autistic people here? Well, regardless of the intention, this is still very degrading. This may surprise you but you do have disabled people that read your works. Hi, I'm one of them.

This isn't to start drama, it's just very heartbreaking to see people use autism as an insult when plenty of autistic people are well aware of people doing this.

@generaltaxi

I can see where you're coming from, but it's a stretch to say that they are making fun of autistic people. For reference, I volunteer working with young kids on the lower side of the spectrum. And while I love my kids, the autism itself is horrible. Their lives would be infinitely better without it.

In the same way, they don't compare the snipers to people who legitimately suffer from autism to make fun of them(or at least that isn't the intention), but instead call the snipers "autists" as to say that their behavior is like they are on the spectrum (specifically the lower end), which is a bad thing.

Here's a different example. If I call an adult a child as an insult, does that mean I'm making fun of children? No, of course not. However, what I am saying is that they are mentally deficient in some way, despite not being in a state (in this case childhood) that allows it.

Dex-chan lover
Whoa, it took 5 years for his body to recover from having his meridians open? Thats some time compared to your usual series where MCs can do anything in hours.

And i want it so bad for gramps to take the Peerless Daughter as disciple.

Users who are viewing this thread