Peerless Dad - Vol. 2 Ch. 121

Dex-chan lover
After so much build-up, I expect nothing less than 2 chapters of extremely detailed torture.

Most people didn't get it that noh has become too soft over the time being sa father he is not a ruthless warrior as he was before aso the possibility for him to kill tose two trash is very slim you can see that when he empathise by saying "He is also a father ...etc. That what his " brother" said last time he has become weak in a way

"He's a parent just like me..."
Oh yeah? Well he also doesn't give a damn if what he does makes other kids orphans. "Leaders" like him need to be reminded that the same can happen to them.

Don't get me wrong they need more than a good beating i'm not siding with them there corrupted to the core being dismiss and send to the fields working there ass off to paid off the dirty money they stole would maybe be a good idea killing them would serve nothing even if they are just scum

Dex-chan lover
@Spartanus The way he empathized with the two made me think he was gonna be softer on them as well, but that last page made him look particularly menacing, and not very keen on being merciful.

Dex-chan lover
man I've lost the plot at some point, this whole thing about the association and successor and all that. can someone give me a synopsis?

I don't think he's going to kill them. Sometimes, the harder punishment is forcing people to stay alive while completely ruining their life (e.g. by severely tarnishing their reputation, which will also cut off all and any support they've enjoyed up until now). I'm sure he'll find a way, he was a "problem solver" after all. Not necessarily an assassin (although he probably has had his fair share of kills back in the days, can't be a good martial artist without at least knowing your extreme limits, including your physical and mental boundaries to murder).

The big question is the family. Will he spare them the anguish of sharing in their father's tarnished reputation by killing the fathers and cause them a brief pain but keep their high status? Or will he allow them to keep their fathers, but also share in their fathers' fate? On the other hand, the family has a certain degree of responsability too. The kids definitely still need to be taught a lesson, and will that really be solved by their father's death? Or will that cause them to go on a revenge quest, making the whole situation spiral out of control and into the well-known vicious circle of hate, revenge and regret? I'd think the children would learn more from their fathers' wrongdoings and the consequences they'll have to bear.
Yep, still thinking he'll leave the dads alive. It'll drove the point home, if the plan is prepared carefully and executed efficiently. < / end of self-debate 🤪 >

Dex-chan lover
@LysandersTreason
MC and friends ran into some thugs, they tried to fuck with the wife of one of the guys, they pushed back. They noticed it's a major problem, and decided to do something about it.
It became a thing.
It became an even bigger thing.
etc.

The succession shit, I believe, is something that was just brought up. If not, I also have no idea when was it brought up, or to which degree of importance.
I feel like it wasn't really explicitly spoken about, tbh.

@pingustrategist
The point of the MC's perspective, is that it's not about the guys. It's about their families.
There's a moral dilemma when wanting to strike someone down, when there are other people who are dependent upon them. You can even see examples of that in the early 1900's, with a mafia-boss (can't recall the name), who cleverly supported the community with his dirty money, by opening up soup-kitchens for the poor. When people grew dependent on him, they didn't particularly wanted him to leave. That made him harder to incriminate, and it also makes it harder for the MC to just kill people without thinking twice.

That being said, Angie7 wrote a pretty good essay on the subject.

Group Leader
It's gonna be interesting to see how Noh used to be with his mates back in the days as the leader since mostly all of them have good impressions of him, except the pirate.

My man's gonna be a lvl100 mafia boss.

I miss the weird excerpts at the end

Just a not to Angie7’s point: unless there are able (and male, probably) successors, those guys’ families will probably lose everything when they did, or shortly thereafter. Status depends on the family head. Wealth too. Clinging to that after the head’s death would be extremely challenging.

@solipsist the succession plot line is mentioned a lot earlier in the story. Do you remember the blond-haired old man that was drawing calligraphy with a tree branch ? He is the big boss of the Heavenly dragon organisation and he was talking about his children trying to get influence to succeed him.

@Tsudow

Mak Gah was with Noh way before his mercenary gang. The mercenary gang came together after Mak Gah & Noh's left and then they had a falling out. Incidentally, above water, Mak Gah could destroy the entire group most likely.

Users who are viewing this thread