Peerless Dad - Vol. 2 Ch. 157

@Murricath more like it's based on wuxing philosophy of 5 elements (water, fire, earth, wood, metal). not to mention, ancient greek also had similar 5 elements though theirs are water, fire, earth, air, and aether/void.

Dex-chan lover
Poor dad, stuck listening to lore dumps when he just wants to go home.

Korean "Murim" is the equivalent of the Chinese "Wu Lin 武林“, where 武 has the literal meaning of martial arts, and 林 has the meaning of "forest", and both combined means "world of martial arts".

needless to say, if one had paid attention, all the events in this story takes place in various places in ancient china (which includes korea at that time). It's not a matter of who copy who, but all are copying stories from 5000 years ago 😀

@Beardy_foxbear Are you serious? Granny pretty much started by telling him that he fucked up and that the ki his master purposefully didn't teach him was extremely bad. He didn't believe her and thought that even if what she had told him was true he was special and could get around it unlike the demon dude. If anything, getting his ass beat by the fire master and shown a clear downside to the metal ki helped him accept the lore dump he was fed as the truth.

I feel like if he saw his kids again while his head is getting filled with the metal stuff he would start beating his kids or something idk

Looking back. I think the elders all kept asking him if he really didn't know about any of this, precisely because they couldn't quite believe that he could have come this far without his master explaining anything about Ki Deviation. So they'd keep asking him if he's really unaware, then talk around the topic in different ways in case his master had taught him but he just didn't realize or something.

It'd be like discovering a student solving advanced Calculus problems by painstaking drawing a bunch of bar graphs to find the limit (or something like that). And discovering their teacher had forgotten to teach them the actual equation, or that you need to add c when integrating or something.

Elder: Wait, did your professor never teach you Calculus? not even dx by dy? How about change over time? But surely you know that, when put in to this kind of situation, you'd have to put a +c at the end there?!
Student: Why do you old people keep talking in riddles?!
Elder: Bah, fine. Here's Calculus 101

FiveElementsCycleBalanceImbalance.jpg

The WuXing theory would really explain the reactions from green / wood female Character who is accompanying Senior Master (Fire) Wang, and who "INSULTS" the Metal and receives FEAR from Metal.

In any case, a quick reading on the Wikipedia reveals a deep lore waitig for further explanations: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wuxing_(Chinese_philosophy)

On the other hand, and talking about the twins, didn't the masters from the Heavenly Dragon association said that they were already able to combine different (kinds of) Ki from the 4~5 masters they already have?

Okay I'm glad that they finally told him. MC is a reasonable guy, and if you told him off the bat and said that this will help you see your kids and keep them safe, I'm sure he would have done it earlier. Hell, I hope the training that he gave the kids don't affect them.

Fed-Kun's army
Glad everything was told to him, now he can focus on fixing himself so he can get home to his kids.

Aggregator gang
Looking here to see if someone mentioned ATLA out of nowhere.
Not disappointed.

:nyoron:

Users who are viewing this thread