This was a really cute manga and worth the read. I will say that if you are really hoping for romance... you might want to look elsewhere. Slow burn is a bit of an understatement when trying to explain the "romance" tag on this one. If you are someone who needs some romantic resolution, you're not going to find that here.
For those of you who absolutely need to know if the FL ends up with someone to read this, check the spoiler tag:
The FL does not end up picking anyone by the end of the manga, even in the little follow up. Personally, I didn't mind it since my preferred ship didn't seem to be the one the mangaka was originally aiming for, but in the end they left it ambiguous enough that you can make the decision for yourself.
Despite being an older-ish manga (early 2000s), you won't find your typical wimpy female lead in this book. She is hard-working, dedicated, and strong both mentally and physically. The men who admire her are well fleshed out individuals with none of that domineering toxicity that is so often romanticized. The one exception is a "stolen kiss" scene that is immediately recognized as a mistake by the offender and is rectified in a way that is satisfactory for the FL.
I decided to revisit this series after not finishing it years ago and made the very unfortunate decision of binging the whole thing in one evening. I feel like I enjoyed this more when I was younger but I wanted to see it through since I loved the author's Land of the Blindfolded. The previous comment sums up the romance aspect of the series perfectly. What I found hilarious was the fact that
I think there are more kiss scenes between the two main males than there are between the female lead and the main male lead/assumed love interest (even if the boys' kisses were just acting).
It's a bit hilarious how "progressive"-esque it gets towards the end, considering
the male lead stars as a woman in a movie, and another woman at the very end. It's funny looking and seeing how his figure is drawn as a normal dude and yet he also morphs into a very slender feminine figure.
Reader beware, if you do decide to read the whole series here, there are some chapters that are a bit difficult to get through in terms of scan quality.