People Looked Down on Me for Having a Crummy Job but It Really Isn't All That Bad? - Vol. 1 Ch. 4

Aggregator gang
Page 22 is the one that should be removed, it has a minor typo in it, Thre instead of Three.

Supporter
Support mage really doesn't sound that bad. I feel like they'd be a crucial part of any war. A mage going all "imma firin mah lazer" with a support mage boosting them would probably blow a castle gate wide open.

Group Leader
Just an FYI, vibrating blade is a double edge weapon. If you use it too much in total within your life span, the damage to yourself will be serious.
Check out vibration white finger, a common syndrome in the industrial world where vibrating equipment is used. It damages and destroys nerves, muscles, blood vessels, and connecting tissues. You will probably only be able to use that weapon for roughly 2-11 years before it sets in. Depending on how long it's used per day. After that it's retirement since your hands, and possibly arms too, will be fucked.

Fed-Kun's army
This angel really likes the big magic beam huh... also if you can buff magic can't you buff your own support magic?

Dex-chan lover
The goddess needs to work on this world's balance. So far, magic-users look too overpowered.

@DatOneGuy - yeah. If the locals never figured this out, it means their military sucks compared to the rest of their technology. They probably don't have any weapons that require more than 1 person to fire, and may even lack simple forms of cooperation like phalanx.

@fiveboxes so, MC buffs his support magic to cast bigger support magic, which buffs his support magic, and so on until he can finally cast a spell that uses up all of his mana?

Maybe I'm missing something but doesn't this mean he can cast Magical Strengthening even on his own magic? For example, max out Recovery Strengthening, then apply a maxed out Magical Strengthening to this. The interdimensional being said that Magical Strengthening increases damage but I have a feeling it will be able to do more than only affect damage, and the author purposely gave the MC's class a large mana pool.

@flannan but isn't that the drawbacks of magic users in all fantasy. while might always has an immediate outcome where you can actually gauge how strong you are, mages will always be barred by the amount of intelligence that they have.

Aggregator gang
my question is, if he can use strengthening and recovery on himself, then can't he use magic strengthening on himself too? I mean, basic magic might be basic magic, but at 5x power it's gotta become decently strong, and since his class gives him a LOT of MP the demerit of boosting magic attacks is mitigated or potentially entirely offset depending on how big of a difference there is...plus he has hyper-vibration cutter, and he hasn't even touched on the actual crafting stuff side of alchemy yet, just manipulating the base form/durability of existing things

So all he can do is use basic attack magic with 5 times power while moving 5 times faster than normal mage 😗

Dex-chan lover
what... so he have a lot of mana so he can use magic strengthening on himself to increase healing strengthening that will help him cope up with side effect of physical strengthening that also boost by magic strengthening

ISN'T IT ???

so even the goddess is clueless how strong the "elements" become when you raise their power by 5 times...
imagine a waterblade that is supposed to be made from lets say 1 litre now 5 times amp and you either get a good aoe (size increased) or 5litre worth compresses into the space of 1 litre (increased power same size)...
similar with other elements
5 times size or 5 times density thats op if you ask me especialy with earth and water

Dex-chan lover
support magic that can't use a god damn cannon beam of death is useless.... k

Supporter
Basic support mage tactics:
Army transportation. Recovery magic + large mana pool means an army of foot soldiers can travel much longer than normal. Mobility and positioning advantage. 4 Star Power
Shock Troop boost. Mounted Knights boosted with physical buff as a sudden strike on enemy flanks. 4 Star.
Tactical Strike. Magic boosted laser beam. 5 star.
Continual recovery boost. A whole army able to fight at peak for 1 minute longer than another army has a bigly advantage.

I... actually can't imagine any competent army in the world NOT using support magicians. I suppose job prejudice must run very deep in this world.

Users who are viewing this thread