People Looked Down on Me for Having a Crummy Job but It Really Isn't All That Bad?

Alchemist is a bad job? So what I'm getting is that over in Japan-land, if it isn't 'fighter, mage or healer' then it's a bad job, and not worth anyone's time?
And I thought asians were supposed to be smart.

@BloodySorcerer, you said this one was different than the others, but there are so many that use that stupid reasoning so it sounds like more of the same for me.

Aggregator gang
dangit... its an alphapolis WN... I'm really curious on whats gonna happen next and wanted to read the WN buts its on the alphapolis instead of syosetu.

Fed-Kun's army
@RedVanGhoul I know similar stories, but this is the first time I've seen a story portray a clearly important and absoluetely useful job such a alchemist as somthing bad. It's usually about healing jobs or other kinds of support classes, but alchemist? Since he has SUpport mage as main and Alchemist as side, wouldn't that make him pretty good at buffing AND debuffing? And even applying status effects, such as poison, paralysis, etc? I can see why would one think that healing i not that valuable, since, if you can one shot anyone, you don't really need healing. However, how can one deem, applying status effects and debuffing as useless? One can't one shot an enemy if they have a shell that is too tough for your blade to go through.

https://mangadex.org/title/44221/people-made-fun-of-me-for-being-jobless-but-its-not-bad-at-all
"He got reincarnated as a baby in another world. He was born in the royal family and was the heir to the throne but he was driven/kicked of the palace. The reason was that he was born as a Support magician and had Alchemist as a job which was the lowest job that existed in the new world and people who had that were considered jobless. But there was a secret hidden in that job!! "

https://mangadex.org/title/35909/jitsu-wa-ore-saikyou-deshita
"A shut-in is reborn into another world with the promise of a peaceful life. Although born into royalty, because his magic appeared to be weak, his parents abandoned him without a thought in the forest to be devoured by monsters. However, his magic is actually inhumanly strong. "

🤪

Dex-chan lover
@LavSingh
Likely because it is almost an identical premise. Except there was an actual reason it was considered aweful in arifureta. People were heavily limited by mana consumption, area of application being very small, it took sometimes dacades to maybe unlock a sub-skill, and it took a long time to prepare and cast, needing a magic circuit to do so as well.

This just looks like an abuse of "lazyness i guess?" simply to justify the lack of creativity and/or effort needed to invent a new skill by the author. Alchemist has never been considered to be a bad job by anyone (unless specific circumstances are stated showing otherwise). All this looks like to me is the author just mading a good job look bad to make a plot based around a commonly used cliche.

Looks like you might have to read at there site reaprscans. com/comics/983145-people-made-fun-of-me-for-being-jobless-but-its-not-bad-at-all/1/2

Raws are up to chapter 6 and the story isn't bad at all so far. Then again, the same thing can be said for a plethora of other shows that really start tumbling downhill hard after the introductory arc is over.

I like it so far. I really don't care if it's a generic isekai. I mean isekai premise itself was not generic until somebody started it and people flocked to it. I'm not that elitist.
If I enjoy reading it, I read it. It's not like I get paid for reading--it is simply my hobby, my stress-reliever.
For the record, I wouldn't say this series is unique and since there's still too few chapters, it's too early to judge if it's a masterpiece. But besides that, I would never diss a series for having a generic premise. I mean, can you even diss real people for having similar circumstances in life? Does being generic really equate to mundane? I've read my fair share of isekais, and I know the direction they lead to can sometimes differ from one another depending on the author's approach. I'd rather judge a generic isekai story on how it continues the story rather than drop it for its all-too-common premise. I'm sure there are readers out there who are like me too.
For now, even though I like it so far, I'll hold off on judging it prematurely. I'll have to read about a few more arc's worth of chapters before I decide to fully follow the series. But seeing as it's hardly being updated, that possibility is extremely low. I might read the raws directly if I can find it.

If somebody is interested officials raw chepter are --- https://www.alphapolis.co.jp/manga/official/894000312

Users who are viewing this thread