Phone App-based Manga Reader Issues

Sorry if this has been answered somewhere, I've looked through but could not find any results.

I use a manga reader app on my phone to read most of my manga (MangaStorm) and it just pulls data from websites. I'm not entirely sure the exact specs or functionality of it.

Recently (as in, within the last day or so) it no longer can pull anything from here at MangaDex; it just tells me there's an error in retrieving data. I went into the internal web browser and made sure to log in to the website (this was required for back in Batoto days), but even that is not working.

Not sure if this is a bug or if there's something I should be doing, so I just decided to make a post here for starters about it.

Group Leader
Same here. Not sure why, yet. If I find out, I’ll post here, but you’re not alone

Custom title
Staff
Developer
It's probably the CloudFlare DDoS protection blocking it. Sorry, can't help with 3rd party apps, they're not our problem.

Group Leader
Manga Storm can handle CloudFlare, they just need to push an updated driver for MangaDex to deal with it.

I'm not using it any longer, so can't try this out, but this is how you used to update:
- Click 'Add Title to Favorites'
- 'List of Supported Websites'
- Take note of the Mangadex version
- Click the 'Action' button in the upper right corner, and 'Check Updates'
- You should see the Mangadex version update

If you don't, then they haven't pushed an update yet.

Looks like the update got pushed out between when I posted and when I tried.

Should be resolved for most everyone by default, but I now know how to do this in the future. Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread