Piccolina - Ch. 18 - Akira's Confession

Supporter
you cant always tell the gender of the author from the story they write but it's safe to say you can tell when a story is meant to appeal to women when the male protagonist is THIS respectful to the girl he likes
Honestly i don't even see it as appeal to women, but more so as to be properly written, female authors (in general) tend to make characters more lively since they're more knowledgeable on their side and can easily gather info for the other

Dex-chan lover
Honestly i don't even see it as appeal to women, but more so as to be properly written, female authors (in general) tend to make characters more lively since they're more knowledgeable on their side and can easily gather info for the other
see i had similar mindset before but then i realized "in general" is just not true. a lot of female authors writing romance also falls into the same trap male authors writing romance do. just look at the trend of harem stories. love interests falling in love with the protagonist easily, without a lot of work put into their relationship, is the kind of instant gratification popular with their intended audience. a cold hearted sadistic prince who finds this girl who doesn't fall for him instantly as amusing is the shoujo version of a tsundere who loves bullying her senpai to get his attention. sure, they can be executed well, but that's rarely what happens.

Supporter
see i had similar mindset before but then i realized "in general" is just not true. a lot of female authors writing romance also falls into the same trap male authors writing romance do. just look at the trend of harem stories. love interests falling in love with the protagonist easily, without a lot of work put into their relationship, is the kind of instant gratification popular with their intended audience. a cold hearted sadistic prince who finds this girl who doesn't fall for him instantly as amusing is the shoujo version of a tsundere who loves bullying her senpai to get his attention. sure, they can be executed well, but that's rarely what happens.
But the diff there is that they're going for shoujo and josei demographics and following the trend, which is just a mirror fo the shounen/seinen. Of course you can have scenarios like that nothing wrong, the key difference is that you're not gonna see a content like this one of piccolina from a male author, the best case was zyugoyas early works

that's it?
8 pages??
I waited 2 months just for preparation???
ah well might as well reread it

118.png

Double-page supporter
You guys are complaining about 8 pages, and all I can think about is how it looks like the manga will continue after the confession, so we can actually see them develop as a couple.

Users who are viewing this thread