Pineapple Pizza?

Does pineapple belong on pizza?

• Total voters
Dex-chan lover
Discuss.

I say 'Fuck no' on two counts:
1. Tomato sauce + citrus fruits = too much acid.
2. Pizza should not be sweet. (This also indicts pizzerias that put sugar in their sauce. There is a special place in hell reserved for those folks.)

Dex-chan lover
Why bother asking
a truly pointless question?
The Maw doesn't care.
anime-pizza-anime-girl.gif

Discuss.

2. Pizza should not be sweet. (This also indicts pizzerias that put sugar in their sauce. There is a special place in hell reserved for those folks.)

1. Personal bias, but imo tomato sauce doesn't taste acidic at all
2. What's your opinion on things like teriyaki chicken / orange chicken / candied ginger?

Dex-chan lover
Discuss.

sounds like your taste buds is too white bro

Dex-chan lover
In a situation where I'm starving and no food other than pineapple pizza is available, I'd eat it only then.
I agree that pizza shouldn't be sweet, but then I realized I like corn on pizza :thonk:
But I guess pineapple is bigger and its taste is more prominent than corn so that's why it doesn't seem ok to me

I like pineapple on pizza, but only with ham (and maybe also mushroom). Any other topping and it doesn't work.

Group Leader
I was genuinely surprised when I found out that a lot of people don't like pineapple on pizza. I never had any problem with it. In fact, I quite like it.
And I'm not even a big fan of pineapple. I don't hate it, it's just a normal edible fruit to me, which tastes okay. Guess I'm just not a picky eater.
059.gif

Teriyaki-Meatball-Pineapple-Pizza-2.jpg

hawaiian-pizza-16-1200.jpg
PulledPorkJalapenoPineapplePizzawithBaconandCilantro-1.jpg

Dex-chan lover
@Lasre (it wouldn't let me quote you directly, for some reason)
1. Personal bias, but imo tomato sauce doesn't taste acidic at all
2. What's your opinion on things like teriyaki chicken / orange chicken / candied ginger?
1 - it doesn't generally taste that way, but it almost always is. One of many things I learned working in kitchens for over a decade was not to put tomato sauce directly in contact with aluminum foil when baking something - the acid in the sauce eats through the foil while cooking. Always use something like parchment between the sauce and the foil.
2 - I have no problem with those - sweet + savory and sweet + tart + savory are both okay (the latter describes most BBQ sauces, for instance). But for some reason tomato sauce + sweet just doesn't do it for me (and piling cheese on top of that doesn't help).
sounds like your taste buds is too white bro
This is entirely possible.

Dex-chan lover
I would prefer to have chicken, not the processed cut cubes. Real chicken.

Dex-chan lover
What's everyone's view on anchovies, because I'm with the Ninja Turtles on that one.

No thanks.
To be honest, once every couple of years I'll get a medium thin (cracker-style) crust from one of the family-owned pizzerias in town with anchovies and tomato (the tomato helps soak up some of the salt from the fish), but that usually serves to remind me why I don't do that more than once every couple of years, and I almost never finish the thing.

Dex-chan lover
If you don't want it
I'll take your share of the pie,
Yall are missing out.
__spas_12_and_s_a_t_8_girls_frontline_drawn_by_junsuina_fujunbutsu__sample-b831cc0e84a924b046a7011a212c793d.jpg
I'm thinking your constant strict form
Has caused you to drift from the norm.
The five - seven - five
Might keep you alive
But taste buds it seems to deform.

Users who are viewing this thread