Playboy na Ore ga Onna ni Saremashita!!!

Okay, people... a reminder that no consent = rape regardless of the victim feeling pleasure.

Starting to get real tired of yaoi mangakas using rape as a plot device.

!!! br uh

Tamura is such an asshole!! a literal rapist and a manipulative dick br o im-
the other two MCs seem chill and are definite victims, and god i hope they finally cut loose tamura

like!!! rape is fuc ked sorry man like,,, tamura you're WACk

Contributor
This may be the first time I've added a "sexual violence" tag just from reading the description. o_o

I know very well yaoi as a genre has serious broad issues with the concept of "consent", but sometimes, when it goes this far, I really do wonder who the hell even writes and reads this stuff. Maybe one of the scanlators can enlighten me on that front.

Just wanted to put in my two cents.

While rape is awful and Tamura is clearly a fucked up character, I can at least appreciate that it’s acknowledged in the summary that this is rape. I also like that the other two characters are very clearly uncomfortable with their rapist. They might be a bit brain dead in regards to their decisions, but honestly it’s at least better than some stories where the rape is glossed over and the victim just forgets it’s rape and gets closer to their rapist. (Not saying that won’t be how it ends but I’m hoping not)

The rape being the unifying element of the story was interesting, and I think it’s a nice story for the victims themselves. That said, they never develop Tamaro beyond being a horny, manipulative rapist, and the fact that he maintains a presence in their day-to-day without character growth makes the whole thing uncomfortable. Finally, I think an understanding of cultural and social norms that are unspoken and implied adds to the story if you know them.

Users who are viewing this thread