Please Bully Me, Miss Villainess! - Vol. 6 Ch. 82 - I'm Sorry, My Lady

dnl

God, this is so stupid. I hoped that this was just an arc and we progress were we left basically but are we really restarting the whole story and setting? I really dont like the idea that everything in the old timeline is just gone.

Dex-chan lover
I really want to know what the placeholder is but I'm never early, as i sleep like a standard humanbeing as well as do other human thing such as walking and breathing

Double-page supporter
So the assumption that the Villainess system was actually a curse on Elsa might be true. It definitely wanted her hurt, specifically. We'll see.
I don't think so cause in the first loop her mother did end up dying and you can assume the curse was transferred to the mc. So it being on elsa instead is different... i think

Dex-chan lover
"I disagree with the way the characters act" does not mean the writing is bad, people acting stupid in fiction quite often is a reflection of how we sometimes act in real life. A toddler is not someone who would necessarily have the right ideas about healthy relationships
Linda is not a toddler. And wanna bet this issue will absolutely not get the reaction is deserves from Yvonne when she comes back to her senses? It's plot developments like that, instead of characters talking it out, for no good reason, simply for edginess sake, that are trash writing.
Not because "I disagree with what characters are doing", but because the characters have no reason to behave they way they do, given what we know about them and their circumstances. In this instance, betraying Yvonne's trust to poison her, leaving Elsa to do what she wants in direct violation of Yvonne's stated plans and desires, seems absolutely against every characterization of Elsa we've seen so far. Same as it goes against Linda's characterization to go along with it. Any good reason for that to happen, other than to try and keep the reader on the toes, while being unable to offer something that'd make sense instead?

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Linda is not a toddler
I assume she knows the risks, she knows what she did would invoke Yvonne's wrath, and in her calculations, this is the best outcome - her beloved employer does not get cursed, and instead an irrelevant toddler is the one who's gonna be bearing the brunt.
And wanna bet
Nah
instead of characters talking it out
Elsa and Linda know that Yvonne would give her best effort to prevent Elsa from accepting the curse if they were to make their intentions known. Someone has to get cursed, and it is either Yvonne getting cursed later after her mothers succumbs to it, her getting cursed now, or Elsa taking the curse herself. Yvonne is the one most equipped to make the decision, she did her share of "talking things out", and there was nothing Elsa and Linda could've brought to the table to make Yvonne reconsider

betraying Yvonne's trust
direct violation of Yvonne's stated plans and desires
I don't think Yvonne's trust was ever a concern for Elsa, she's been doing whatever the hell she wanted in regards to her and Yvonne's relationship since the beginning of the manhua

Fed-Kun's army
The ring doesn't hurt Yvonne, so that's mean Elsa getting the curse doesn't interfere with the previous timeline, the curse was probably on Elsa.

Dex-chan lover
I assume she knows the risks, she knows what she did would invoke Yvonne's wrath, and in her calculations, this is the best outcome - her beloved employer does not get cursed, and instead an irrelevant toddler is the one who's gonna be bearing the brunt.
In direct violation of a plainly stated order from said employer. Which is a good idea that has worked for her in the past and meshes well with her established personality.

Elsa and Linda know that Yvonne would give her best effort to prevent Elsa from accepting the curse if they were to make their intentions known.
Haven't seen any attempt from them to discuss it seriously, or to settle the matter amicably, instead of a betrayal.

I don't think Yvonne's trust was ever a concern for Elsa, she's been doing whatever the hell she wanted in regards to her and Yvonne's relationship since the beginning of the manhua
My memory could be fuzzy on the subject, could you please point out a couple examples of her doing anything even remotely comparable to what we're seeing in this chapter?

Dex-chan lover
In direct violation of a plainly stated order from said employer
Yes, so? I mean, if all there is to Linda's agency is to keep receiving salary, then yes, she should've followed Yvonne's orders. But Linda is loyal both to Yvonne and her mother to the point that she would risk everything in order not to see them suffer
Haven't seen any attempt from them to discuss it seriously, or to settle the matter amicably
Because every party already knows everything there is to know about the curse, what's involved, and what are the consequences. Again, Linda and Elsa presenting their option "amicably" would make Yvonne do everything in her power to prevent said option from ever happening, leaving Yvonne to go forth with what she's set out to do anyway.
My memory could be fuzzy on the subject, could you please point out a couple examples of her doing anything even remotely comparable to what we're seeing in this chapter?
Don't move the goalposts, there were no situations with remotely the same severity

Dex-chan lover
What was that? I started to read it a few second ago and already the end of this chapter? Maybe I'm being a bit too greedy? :notlikethis:

Dex-chan lover
Yes, so? I mean, if all there is to Linda's agency is to keep receiving salary, then yes, she should've followed Yvonne's orders. But Linda is loyal both to Yvonne and her mother to the point that she would risk everything in order not to see them suffer
Her agency is staying loyal to her employers, not being complicit in a poisoning and, let's not mince words, a betrayal.

Because every party already knows everything there is to know about the curse, what's involved, and what are the consequences.
Of course they don't, particularly in what comes to the possible consequences.

Don't move the goalposts, there were no situations with remotely the same severity
So, no examples of similar betrayals come to mind? Qed on having characters behave in direct contradiction to established characterizations just for the sake of the plot being spicy.

Dex-chan lover
Next chapter! Where is the next chapter!?!?
Oh there won't be a next chapter: anaesthesiologists make mad wages to ensure full sedation with minimal risk of death, and that's with full medical data of the patients available.

Dex-chan lover
Her agency is staying loyal to her employers, not being
Evidently, it is not. Linda's agency is to ensure that her masters don't have to bear the curse, even if it comes at the cost of her actions being seen as """betrayal"""
let's not mince words
Let's not use words that don't apply to the situation just "for edginess sake". Linda's actions are motivated first and foremost by her loyalty to Yvonne and her mother. Betrayal of trust? - maybe, but this is the kind of betrayal from which only Linda would suffer; regular kind of betrayal - no.
Of course they don't, particularly in what comes to the possible consequences.
They know as much as they can possibly know, a discussion between three people knowing exactly the same thing wouldn'r have made them know more
So, no examples of similar betrayals come to mind?
Again with "betrayals" for edginess sake. Were there any situations where a """betrayal""" was an option, fuzzy memory man?
Qed on having characters behave in direct contradiction
That's not how it works. Elsa, a character who consistently acts against Yvonne's wishes, suddenly contradicts herself by acting against Yvonne's wishes, just because there were no prior situations where Yvonne's very soul was at stake or something of similar magnitude?
Sorry, but that's on you to demonstrandum prior situations where Elsa's actions contradict what she's doing now

Users who are viewing this thread