Please Don't Eat Me! - Ch. 2

It seems a lot of people in the comments are a bit confused, so I will try explain a bit.

Wizards can not use their powers as they please in this world, because using them drives them insane. Thus a purifier is needed to cleanse them through touch. However, in the novel, the protagonist, Zahid, is able to prevent himself from going mad by consuming the purifier, Ertha, in the beginning of the novel.

(Yes as in cannibalism)

Because the prologue overused the sentence 'Getting eaten alive', I stop and felt tired when she use it again
Haas

Thank you for the translations! Love it so far (not including the overuse sentence)

This is an interesting and refreshing concept
Despite using magicians, they put a limit to it so it can get reader's attention span and possibly make it different f

Calling him beautiful but then I see his sharp square eyes. He looks like those shoujo parodies of "handsome guys" that they exaggerate to look ugly. Poor artist. They're trying their best but it just isn't working for me.

Sorry but she purposely puts herself into this situation and then acts pitiful... Also while knowing the book doesn't mention everything.
I just don't like the repetition of "oh he'll eat me up"... Like obviously he had his reasons... And i doubt the original FL would've been very happy with her life after going through the red light district and then this man and whatever comes afterwards.

Double-page supporter
@Writerfromanotherstar

You must be mistaken- there is no Female Lead in the original book. It's described as a male-oriented fantasy, not romance, and the MC(of the original book, not the MC for us) is called the MC instead of the Male Lead.

Plus, while she put herself in this position, it was because there was no other option except to try and get a first-move advantage, since it would have happened anyway. I'm completely fine with someone acting pitiful when having to choose likely death to avoid certain death.

So I’m assuming that by purifier, it’s like healers that heal a wizard’s mind so they won’t turn insane? If she’s the only one, then does that mean only one in the entire world or just in that kingdom? Also, her purifying power seems pretty useful yet she’s not a main character in the novel thing? Only thing I can think up is that the male lead ate her because he can somehow gain her purification power and that was the only reason why she was a side character rather than a main character.

The ML is not very attractive, more on the average side. Still, he probably looks that way because the malignancy started to set in or maybe he’s still growing? Either way, interesting story.

Users who are viewing this thread