Pluto

The closer we come to the future of AI,
The cloaer we got to war and hatred,
Propaganda, lies,

And we cover it with love, hope, trust, and believe

The story just become reallity to us now

Supporter
Objectively, this manga is very good. The art is great, the story is ambitious, rich and complex, there are likable characters and a pretty good writing with deep thinking on difficult subjects. It's quite likely that many people, especially those who are into science-fiction.
It is still far from entering my all time favorites though because I didn't enjoy it the as much as I had hoped. And the reason is to be found in the very structure of the story: it's a typical fatalistic scenario where dramatic events are foreshadowed in the beginning and happen whatever the main characters do, because the foe is so much more clever and powerful that nothing can stop him. And in the end, the tables are turned in an more or less unexpected twist. I just hate stories where the characters seem to be trapped in an inescapable fate, I want stories to make me feel that their decisions and actions impact the course of events. I want the main characters of the stories I read or watch to be active, not just to suffer the events.
A good read but I doubt I'll re-read it again for this very reason.

Users who are viewing this thread