Pocha Climb! - Vol. 2 Ch. 11

This series actually made my heart flutter so to see it end like this is really sad :( I'm glad we still got an ending though

Dex-chan lover
It's unfair, it was super cute and we didn't get to enjoy the other characters from the gym or seeing the protagonist grow up and do climbing for real... What can I say, it's painful.
The good thing I can save from this ending is page 11 where Shuu senpai almost breaks her character for the AUDACITY OF THIS GURL hahaha... aahh... too son doods, too soon.

On the other hand, this even got animated https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2020-07-24/iwa-kakeru-sports-climbing-girls-tv-anime-teaser-unveils-more-cast-and-staff-october-debut/.162182 it can be exciting but it's filled with some really spiteful characters who cheat or are just straight up assholes... Ooff, anyway if you plan to watch this or read the manga DO NOT READ what the character Jun Uehara says ( a really awful girl from the same club as the protagonist), if possible, avoid her lines and scenes completely, mute the audio if she talks and perhaps you'll have another enjoyable series about climbing, if you don't, you might drop it on the first two chapters.

This one hurts to see cancelled, because we need more explicit yuri stories like this which aren't just primarily focused on romance.
Like romance in and of itself is fine, but goddamn a story doesn't need to revolve it completely, adding a climbing theme which could be used as a vechicle for the characters to develop their relationships with each other through made things interesting.

But nope, seems like we can't have nice things.

Sad that it got axed, but at least it got a better ending than the majority of the "soft" yuri manga that stretch a lot and don't have enough development

Dex-chan lover
I knew it was coming, but it still hurts... 😭😭😭 It's still one of my favorites even with this incredibly rushed ending. It was too wholesome for this cruel world.

Even though I can't read it, I had previously purchased the digital version of vol. 1 and will still purchase vol. 2 when it's available (as I do when I really like a series, because most of my favorites have no official translation and the others are too delayed in the official translation) to support the mangaka, but I understand that not everybody else can do it (and I'm of the philosophy that assumes everyone who can does it, cause it's natural to wanna support people we like when we actually can).

Other ways to support the mangaka include subscribing to her pixivFanbox (https://mintaro.fanbox.cc/posts/1214861?utm_campaign=manage_post_page) or maybe even just checking out/liking her YT videos (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxUk35Evjq8Ml-BebFTeluw/videos). A lot of yuri mangakas have been livestreaming either drawings or games lately btw and sometimes even with very limited knowledge of Japanese you can follow what's going on.

But, at the end of the day, it really is a little random what goes on to get axed or not, because it's very hard to get people to even notice that a manga exists, let alone give it a try or buy it. Even here, with it being available for free and translated, a lot of people don't know about it. So having to sell well right from the start is really tough. Manga is a brutal business.

Dex-chan lover
@Daemul
I know what you mean. Romance is good and all, but I'm always excited to see something that isn't exclusively a romance story. I can count on one hand the number of fantasy/adventure manga with a yuri protagonist I've seen.

Dex-chan lover
One day we’ll have a manga that actually shows romance past the point of confessing... I don’t care about the buildup, love triangles, the drama, I just wanna live vicariously through two gay women so I know what love feels like, because I sure as fuck aren’t getting it in real life.

KZO

Dex-chan lover
The ending wasn't bad, the romance was handled perfectly with 11 chapters, it's Tsugu's growth that needed multiple volumes, I wanted to see her become a pro at climbing and that takes time, the time skip is good to show her with high skills but it's still sad we don't see how she got to that level.

Still, I'm satisfied with the romance, which is more that I can say for all the other manga that gets axed.

Dex-chan lover
@Daemul @Icekatze agreed. I love very romance-focused stories, but we could use more yuri stories like this one, not exclusively focused on romance. The only others I can think of are Hello Melancholic (band shenanigans), KiraKiraStudy (studying for college), Kimi ni Tsumugu Bouhaku (acting), Still Sick (making manga), Suito-to (food) and Young Ladies Don't Play Fighting Games (fighting games).

@Jackist I feel you, I hate when you can't see them just being together cause it's the best part, but there are a few other yuri mangas going on that are like that already (eg Citrus, Hana ni Arashi, Kimi ni Tsumugu Bouhaku and Teiji ni Agaretara) and a few others that seem like they're going that way (eg Hello, Melancholic and Can't Defy the Lonely Girl). And don't worry too much about love IRL, it always comes when you least expect it (really)!

Dex-chan lover
Really wish this could've continued a little more, but I'm happy for what it was. It was very fluffy and feeling and it's so nice to see that they were together and married and living their best lives. Definitely still on my recommendation list.

Dex-chan lover
@Jackist Seriously, we really do need more manga where it doesn't end as soon as they get together. I wanna get to see them being all lovey dovey doing couples stuff. There are some out there, but it'd sure be nice to have more.

Dex-chan lover
So, exercise make it easy confessed.
Warm and fluffy but is time to say goodbye

Users who are viewing this thread