Pocket Monsters SPECIAL Sword & Shield - Ch. 1

Dex-chan lover
@vhr2121
According to Reddit:
Tsurugi Soudo: "Tsurugi" is sword. "Soudo" is derived from the word "creator" in japanese, which sound like sword.

Tate Schildemillia: "Tate" is shield. "Schild" is german for shield.

So their name is basically Sword Sword and Shield Shield.

Fed-Kun's army
Good solid chapter! looking foward to this arc! specially since apparently the games have a rather simple story and the mangaka is finally done with the BW2 so he can just focus on this alone so I can imagine he'll have the chance to exapand it as much as he wants.

is it already confirmed that Sword/Sou will have Sobble? considering what he works on, maybe he could actually have Grookey and change how usually the starters are assigned?

@Zexalfan Since they're going with Gearmeister for Sword, he'll probably get Grookey. Shield's hyperactive nature leads me to believe she'll get Scorbunny. Hop or Leon can take Sobble

Finaly, the true shield hero we all deserve, none of this savior of the hevenly chocobo gobshite.

Also, gag Scotts translation please.

Wow. Finally the new saga!
Soudo really takes after Diamond and Ruby!
I look forward to Sou and Schilly interactions more!
I wonder if Marvin will get his hands on Sobble.

I really don't like how, after 7 Generations and 20 years of a specific naming scheme, including making up new characters for Yellow and Emerald, and using the ridiculous names Lack-Two, Whi-Two, X and Y, suddenly we aren't just going with Sword and Shield.

Dex-chan lover
soudo is read as soodo in japanese and is the katakana of sword from english.
tsurugi is sword in japanese

schildemilia, schild is german for shield.
and tate is japanese for shield.

Dex-chan lover
holy shit canon yuuri is as wacky as how the fandom depicted her i love it

Dex-chan lover
Sou's personality really resemble Ruby + Diamond.
And Schilly's resemble Gold.
Interesting duo. Let's see they will be couple in canon or not.

Group Leader
@detachablethighs
The characters names change depending on the medium and region.

Gloria is also known as Yuuri. In this case, she's Shirudomiria Tate. Both of her names in the manga mean shield and I'm 99% sure that Shirudomiria isn't a real name. Her nickname is Shi.

Victor is also known as Masaru. In this case, he's Soudo Tsurugi. Both of his names in the manga mean sword. His nickname is Sou.

The translators went with what the manga said their names were. It should be noted that the manga typically name the characters after the game they were in, which is why their names are just variants of Sword and Shield in Japanese.

A more localized version would be something like Gloria Shiels (surname alt spelling of Shield) with a nickname of Glori, Glory, Yoya, or Lori. And then Victor Swerd (surname alt spelling of Sword) with a nickname of Vic or V.

Users who are viewing this thread