Pocket Monsters SPECIAL Sword & Shield - Ch. 14

Dex-chan lover
I can never get over that rose didn't even know Bede's name like damn how you gonna use a kid like that

The fact that rose didn't care enough to remember bede's name says something

Dex-chan lover
I never noticed how tasty it is for a antagonist to have such a grand plan for the future, but also be extremely short sighted. It's super common but the way that it's shown here with him just forgetting Bede's name every time is perfect. Also, Swords backstory was nice, clean and to the point.

KZO

Dex-chan lover
He knows completing his plan would make all the dynamax pokémon destroy all the cities in Galar, right? Why does he care about the ruins?

Dex-chan lover
That's gotta be like, a deep cut for Bede. In-game Chairman Rose remembers his name but here... that was just brutal man.

Double-page supporter
Fucking oof.
Nice to see Pokemon Specials knack for making villains even bigger scumbags than there game version is still out in force

I- wasn't expecting this... I- damn Rose you moron...
I mean I'm not the biggest fan of Bede anyway bc of his attitude but damn...

Its time for the (hopefully) fleshed out redemption arc Bede! Make your way to the Granny's boy station and feel free to slap Rose in the face on the way.

Gotta love to see Special fleshing out the story and the arcs of the characters. I don't remember the games having a backstory for Bede except for "hey, i want you to gather wishing stars". Also, given that Rose can still tell us about Bede's childhood here makes me just think he's just bad with names. No way he can tell "yeah, that's the orphan that was miserable, that i put in school because he reminded me of my own childhood and endorsed for the gym challenge" if he didn't care at least a little bit about him.

Dex-chan lover
Man fuck this guy, trying to act like he's responsible for Bede's growth but can't even remember his name

Also Chairman Rose with a full beard on page 22 shouldnt be cursed... but it is

Chairman Rose and Oleana always seem to me as unforgivable in the games. Good to see they kept that in the manga.

I enjoyed the fight against Alister too. I think the two-chapter battles are better, but I do hope the next couple of battles are a bit closer since Sou hasn't ever used more than 2 in a gym battle haha.

Also wonder what his next Pokemon will and if Schilly will get to fight Bea like some people speculated?

They really amped up Rose not remembering Bede’s name here goddamn

Dex-chan lover
Honestly Rose is such a twisted character, like don't destroy the ruins even though I'll destroy the world to remake it because it'll help us 1000 yrs in the future.
And one said that he doesn't remember his name but remembers his backstory. I think the only reason why he recruited him was just purely for the reason that he saw potential in Bede and reminded him of himself, like with the other candidates he chose because of that exact reason. Added that he doesn't remember his name, shows how little Rose cares about him and more that he saw potential in this guy to use as a pawn. :) Thanks for truly giving me a reason to hate this guy Pokespe! (no I'm seriously grateful that they're fleshing it out. I was quite worried to be honest but seeing these tidbits gives me hope!)
But as usual, give character development to Sword with his gym battles, gloss over Shield's or not even show it at all :) What is this favoritism I'm seeing? Like why don't we see Shield battle the gyms or get the minimal? :) We barely even know how she fights because how little screentime we see her even do it.... If they don't want to show a rematch with Allister since I know that'll be repetitive, this is pretty much the perfect chance to take how Bea and let Shield fight her! :D

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Users who are viewing this thread