Pocket Monsters SPECIAL Sword & Shield - Ch. 2

Dex-chan lover
Sirfetch'd is so sexy...
Also the main character's name are both quite literally Sword Sword, and Shield Shield, that's hilarious.

Contributor
Oh man! I can’t believe we saw the undefeatable Leon! You know, it’s not that well-known of a fact, but Leon has a Charizard who is also undefeatable!

All joking aside, fun fact: Oleana and Chairman Rose were designed by Haruko Ichikawa of Land of the Lustrous fame.

Contributor
Man they really don't like giving the male protag a water type starter, do they. It's been two chapters! Sobble was the only one who wasn't used! Are you serious, guys! Are the starters, like, shared between the two??? Interesting concept, but it didn't need to be during the water type's turn...

Maybe I'm jumping the gun, but we haven't had a proper water type male protag dexholder since Ruby. Lack 2 doesn't count.

Dex-chan lover
Do we really need an OC to be a main character when we've got Hop, Marnie and Bede to go around with too?
And wait, shouldn't Sword have Sobble as his starter as per the starter rotation we've been having until now?

Dex-chan lover
In the game, there's a guy in wedgehurst who says "Sonia and Leon had a healthy rivalry, but..." and leaves it at that. I'd like to see how this author takes that and expands on what happened during their childhood in his own way because the game didn't touch on it.

Dex-chan lover
Many people may not find it funny that leon has no sense of direction...
But i certainly do

Dex-chan lover
Seriously...why couldn't we have another Water starter main. We haven't had one since Blake and his Dewott..

Dex-chan lover
Shoot.. Is it okay to ship Sonia x Leon? Like I did it in the game but... xD Ugh that one panel where he asks about Sonia and that soft smile... >U<
And.. I'm not really liking that they're taking a random boy on the journey... we have so many awesome rivals like Hop and heck Marnie but why... why are we seeing the little boy?... Though I am definitely enjoying the protagonist's personality ^^ It's so unique~ I'm surprised we haven't had a protagonist like Shield yet :3 I honestly hope she has another side to make her more interesting ^^ And poor Sobble? Wait so Sword doesn't get Sobble? o.o???

Aggregator gang
seems like the author decided to break the starter cycle for the sake of giving Sou the starter with a tool to work around his skill with tools.
I am fine with that, on one hand cause Grookey is my favorite of the starters xD and on the other cause that means the author can just give whatever starter fits better to the personality he plans to give the MCs.

@Midoriha
well those three are rivals charaters that need someone to bounce off and, you know, be a rival of someone? plus PokéSpe has always used the OCs. It would be interesting to see the story with only the rivals tho I can agree with that.

Fed-Kun's army
The OCs role is to remind us that Galar is different from other regions, apparently xx

LMAO I like every character in this so far. Also, this is the first time in PokeSp that the two main boy/girl dex holder know each other from the start, right? Sword boy and Shield girl were so chill with each other that I can't help but ship them lol

@Alicia_kun Didn't X and Y already knew each other ? They lived in the same town…

For the starters, yeah i'm pretty bummed that Sobble will higly likely be Hop's. I understand that Scorbunny is a better choice from what we've seen of Shield and that Sword needs Grookey to stick to his gear theme but still… Poor Sobble needs more love (and screentime)
However, can we mention the fact that Scorbunny shoots fire by his feet ? That's neat !

Contributor
Yeah a good chunk of the storyline was Y trying to re-motivate X. Not sure how long Ruby knew Sapphire was Sapphire though. Now I'm wondering how they'll do the 8 gym leaders this time around with the extra gym leaders.

This looks pretty promising. I just hope this mostly strays from the game plot, because that was barely there to begin with.

If I can hope for anything, I hope Oleana, Rose, and really that whole organization gets developed beyond the rich power plant group. Oleana especially, since her Pokémon team shows more of her personality than her entire appearance throughout the whole game.

Dex-chan lover
So... What's everyone's guess of the region where the OC for this series used to live? We can rule out Alola since it's the only one without the Gym/badges system.

Hmm... I'd say he's from Kalos

Users who are viewing this thread