Point Gifter Keikenchi Bunpai Nouryokusha no Isekai Saikyou Solo Life - Vol. 2 Ch. 10.3

Dex-chan lover
The writing here is so lazy
Most authors (JP and not) are simply bad at writing. Especially when it comes to short-form by-committee works.
WN-first and Manga-first are especially guilty of this; due to episodic format without serious editorial review.

There was a phrase describing this: "instant catharsis". The only villains created are "comic book evil" with "heroic defeat".
Moreover, plot developments are forced and unnatural. Author has an event they want to happen -- reality warps to suit.

In fact, I'm having a hard time thinking of a manga with a realistic / natural progression of the rise and fall of a villain.
And not some highly suspect "flashback sequence", where author tries propping up a narrative too late.

Maybe "Ancient Magus' Bride" male protagonist (and his rise as anti-villain).

Dex-chan lover
Most authors (JP and not) are simply bad at writing. Especially when it comes to short-form by-committee works.
WN-first and Manga-first are especially guilty of this; due to episodic format without serious editorial review.

There was a phrase describing this: "instant catharsis". The only villains created are "comic book evil" with "heroic defeat".
Moreover, plot developments are forced and unnatural. Author has an event they want to happen -- reality warps to suit.

In fact, I'm having a hard time thinking of a manga with a realistic / natural progression of the rise and fall of a villain.
And not some highly suspect "flashback sequence", where author tries propping up a narrative too late.

Oh I agree but even still too many manga have a villain that never gets retribution/punished for their usually extremely evil actions. Like almost comically laughable how much they hold back punishments.

I'm trying to think of some manga that did the villain progression well and while I think there are some I can't name them off the top of my head. Your right though it's pretty rare.

Dex-chan lover
Like others has said he probably thought that Fildo has already served his purpose on making everyone strong in his guild and just discarded him just like that
Probably would have killed him though, going by this flashback. Seem like the kind of guy who would remove MC to avoid anyone else using him.

Dex-chan lover
Damn, you can point exactly where the author forgot his own story and made a hole in it lmao

Dex-chan lover

Another problem a lot of these authors have, or maybe even the main issue is scoping their stories. They do not properly scope or plan their stories which makes it difficult to basically impossible to make well written villains. They would have to expend a lot of time on creating a character with limited use, because the villain will loose their 'appeal' if they are overused. And dragging things out rarely works.

Dex-chan lover
wait wait wait
this flashback makes no sense
that asshole know from the start what fildo power is and how he activate the exp gift and, i assume, knows that he can take it away
AND HE STILL FIRED HIM??
huh???
not sure he is an impulsive psychopath, I dont think he never reach that conclusion because he never take back those exp points in the first place (the most rational and clever person that can imagine the potential died by the jerk in the flashback)

Dex-chan lover
I'm dropping, I can't believe we are now getting the "He was always evil" card and not long after the "snapping" scene. Why have it seem like he snapped into evilness if your gonna in a few chapters just go "Nah fam he was always evil". Gives the weakest excuse for why the guy dies and noone questions anything. While I get they are mortified/stunned/saddened, how come after the shock wore off noone questioned why he was:
A. Uninjured.
B. No enemies came back with him (And how he outran them when a ranger type couldn't).
C. Immediately tells the exp booster to abuse his ability for the guild while looking extremely evil instead of oh I dunno sad/shocked a party member died.

Not only that but we get the Elf king showing his true evil nature still, like no Elf girl it's not that you won't see eye to eye he was clearly saying "I want to imprison our saviour and use him as an exp battery" what a joke. Why even both having it so that he thinks more highly of his exiled daughter if your just gonna instantly turn around and also pull the "I don't care for you really, just get him on our side no matter what". The writing here is so lazy and I totally believe what I read in a previous chapters discusion that the evil leader won't be put to justice and will be a reoccuring villain the entire series(Even though he's piss weak where does he suddenly get the ability to do that?).

I tried so long to stay with it cause the ability and storytelling around it could have been interesting but I just can't anymore with this shite.
Dont know how the mangaka will manage the Psychopath Jerk, buy about the elf king that was the most natural and gentle way of do for a king, thank him with a high ranking noble status as a way of pay him the effort of save him like a hero ( ...and as political tool to bring him as an ally or a second cousin that everyone likes in a big family)

Dex-chan lover
Ohhhhh, so he was an unredeemable shitstain from the very beginning. Gotcha. Exterminate him.

Dex-chan lover
I really appreciate they gave the elf arc a proper close before going to hunting down his only party member who really will probably die or get possessed by a demon or something

Dex-chan lover
i don't know why that surprised me, should have seen it coming with how he killed the other comrades later on, dude didn't turn evil over time he was just a straight up psychopath from the start.

Group Leader
I wish I could, but I can't just combine them as a whole chapters cuz the raws came out separated. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I understand, I also had the same issue and my readers wanted me to compile the individual chapters into a single chapter.

I see that you upload the separated chapters on the same day, do you perhaps not know how to upload it as one chapter?

I can tell you how I do it.
What I did was, after all the work was done for all the raws (like 11.1,11.2,11.3), you can upload it under one chapter. Since MangaDex remembers the order of pages added while in the upload page you can upload the chapters together (like add all the pages of 11.1 first, then 11.2, next 11.3, It doesn't matter if you get a warning saying your uploading the same page multiple times, you can continue and upload it. The files get renamed after it gets stored on the MangaDex servers, so it doesn't matter)

Well, I don't mean to step on your toes. You do you! :thumbsup:

Dex-chan lover
So...three months without an update, huh? sighs And just when things were getting interesting too.:meguuusad:

Dex-chan lover
wait wait wait
that asshole know from the start what fildo power is and how he activate the exp gift and, i assume, knows that he can take it away
AND HE STILL FIRED HIM??
huh???
Claude is a colossal dumbass, it's no surprise at this point

Dex-chan lover
He probably treated it as an extra boost, convinced that with all the things they'd accomplished, the contribution from "the guy who does nothing" would be minimal and could be discarded.
That obviously wasn't the case.

It seems the world treats the skills gained from Fildo's XP ability as "mostly" Fildo's own skills. Bit like a Tamer's companions actions/wins would be treated as the Tamer's, not the companions' themselves.
Participation reward for the companion, but the bulk of the XP goes to the Tamer...

Something they might have noticed if they, like decent people, would have only used it as a boost when necessary, but they kept Fildo going 24/7. So never got to experience the Small Print that comes with the skill.
So when Fildo withdrew his support, they fell back to n00b levels. Because they rarely ever used their own skills, so rarely ever actually gained XP beyond that level 5/6 we saw in this side story.

Which explains a lot about how they could drop back that far. Other than as a lazy and convenient Plot Vehicle.
I think you mixed up with another manga called skill lender. They fell back to noob level because the high level skill they want to use cannot activate due to them not having met the requirement, like not enough MP or VIT not high enough because of the rollback.

Dex-chan lover
wait wait wait
AND HE STILL FIRED HIM??
huh???

Narcistic psycho. They are like this in the real world too. Every company is one firing/car accident/ heart attack/ rage quit away from collapse. There are people who are so skilled and talented that they do 80 % of the work and the best we can do is get them coffee or make sure the shop is clean.

This story is too bogged in tropes, but this chapter helped a lot. Personally it also needs a plot twist where the elf girl was using subliminal messaging to trick him to go to the elf forest, and the king needs to send assassins after him. This has potential to have one hell of a manga 180 where the naive and sheltered MC is now the target of shadow run style poachings.

I see.
So the leader is actually evil, that's why the kind-hearted upbringing of the other guild members were pretty much twisted by his ideas.
This gaiden definitely explains much from that guy's background.

Users who are viewing this thread