Pokemon - Festival of Champions (Doujinshi)

Group Leader
@xyzzy Oh wow, that does look like a lot of work. It'd take me three hours to do something even a quarter of that size. 😅

You can tell that this is just a labor of love from the artist. ESPECIALLY in the Karen vs Green fight

Power Uploader
I only started reading this now and after seeing Gold in chapter 4 I can already tell this is gonna end up with Red vs Gold at the top of Mt. Silver. Super excited to keep reading, this is exactly what I hoped Pokemon Adventures would be but sadly fell short to deliver.

Contributor
Can't add it in the covers section because editing has been locked for some reason, but the most recent compilation cover has been released.

45c3c62b-f7c2-4512-8d5c-e9a45ae39573_base_resized.jpg

Also, the author recently sold chapter 14 at the most recent Comiket. It's only like twenty-something pages, but I saw some places that may need significant redraws, so give Cosmic Enzyme some time to work on it.

Dex-chan lover
It is of course a great read. The art is superb. The battle scene have nothing to be complained about. The plot is indeed doesn't lack anything in it. But, for me who enjoy reading the original manga version. This story is easier to write. The original besting this in the larger story building scale. This story have a problem in age of the characters and the gym system in it. Maybe it is just because this is the author's intention to be different, to be different can be better though. But, if this is going to be running in longer time, this gonna be a problem (because it can make a ruin in the reader's who completely understand pokemon world), hard to predict.

The anime is mediocre in all of way. Because it's for kids probably. There is a better version but it just produced in some story clip. Just like this doujinshi. It have different area to compared.

I hope the artist make a joint production with the original in the future. It can be booming and make the anime producer convinced to produce a better approach in their products.

Double-page supporter
This is SHOCKINGLY good for a doujin. You can tell the author not only knows their Pokemon Lore but the personal takes on characterization of well known characters and the world of pokemon at large are, in my opinion, interesting and well executed. Pokemon is a franchise I love more than literally any other. It's so refreshing to read something set in the universe that feels so well thought out and engaging.

The only thing this is missing is getting 6-0d by that ABR stall

Aggregator gang
Most likely the greatest pokemon manga ever created. And thats a shame that the others just dont come close to this in quality.

Group Leader
Misty in this doujin, feel so stylish, man the artist doin a good job on designing Misty.

Man! I just discovered it and now I am so annoyed the comiket had to be cancelled. I don't know when the next chapter of this will come out.

Group Leader
This is insanely good. It definitely wouldn't be as good without the source material, but it builds upon it so well, giving us the stories we always wanted to see (Raticate, trauma from pokemon battling, motivation for battling). The art is also amazing. I came across this online and thought it was official and ended up reading all the way to FRLG before I realised the manga doesn't cover this at all, and had to do research to find this doujin.

Users who are viewing this thread