Pokémon SPECIAL Sword & Shield - Vol. 7 Ch. 43 - A Warm Farewell to Galar!!

Dex-chan lover
Another chapter done and dusted. A little bit of a chaotic ride but it still does what this series does best, expand on the characters. Sou-chan and Shi-chan are fun opposites that go to separate extremes and play off each other well the whole time. Seems like Scarlet and Violet just got started in Japan so I'm looking forward to reading that as well.

Contributor
I can’t believe the author did a better justification of the game’s plot than the actual game itself

Seriously at this point guy should be getting time to cook instead of just having to drop everything when a new game releases

still better than how much dumpster of fire XYZ chapter is, well its not like i had no complaint, this one had worse battling scene out all series even that XYZ that i hate still had better battling scene
?? xy chapter was awsome

Dex-chan lover
Surprised they skipped a lot of things. Like, they went out of the way to get the max honey, and then they didn't even G max Armorn. They could've done something with why Calyrex has blue clouds when it Dynamaxes, like having it do so with its own power, let alone completely ignoring Glastrier.
And for some reason, they leave the winner open-ended! I think it could be a different ending to Hop's story arc.

Dex-chan lover
Oh brother this whole ride.. it was super rushed.. I thought SM was bad but this really took the cake... Like for starters Marvin was very very unnecessary, just a walking plot device and we could have had Hop along traveling with them instead and see their banters, especially with Sobble as his starter. Like I think they could have expanded so much and there was a lot of potential in this game that could have been translated so much better, very lovable characters especially but there was just way too much dialogue, events get brushed over in one chapter and we move on.. It's very hard to read in general and definitely one of my least favorite arcs.. It's down there with B2W2. Has great potential and was very much wasted :/ Glad they at least took the time to explain Rose though even though literally everything could have been handled better...
Also Shield really... was so underutilized.. It's like only Sword is the protagonist when it should have been both Sword and Shield???? Like excuse me????
Seems like Sword is going to Paldea for Tinkatunk? So will we see him in the next arc? :/??

Dex-chan lover
Bit of a ridiculous ride even until the end but I'm happy if anything Hop and Marnie appear to be getting along well.
Sou and Shi being like hella autistic ended up being kinda funny and kinda offputting the entire way through but it was an amusing ride atleast.

Supporter
A thousand years as the absolute end of the region instead of the beginning of the problem gives Rose a much more credible motive, especialy for his rush.

Users who are viewing this thread