What Are Your Hopes for Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield?

A Pokemon direct is tomorrow and it's going to share more information concerning the upcoming Pokémon games titled "Sword" and "Shield." So is there anything you all are hoping to see for the upcoming games?

For me I do not have much at the moment except to bring back the cycle of day and night. I would like of Game Freak had kept the feature of seeing wild pokémon in the open world, but just as I thought it looks like it's going to be a stable for Game Freaks' other main line Pokémon series titled "Let's Go."

Dex-chan lover
I can't stop thinking about Ash being the Shield Hero.

After a false rape accusation by Misty, Ash sets of to a quest of vengeance, starting with a wild Pikachu whom he subjects to Stockholm syndrome in order to recruit it. One by one, he will catch them all. Step by step, his plan will soon be done.

"I SWEAR UPON MY GRAVE THAT ALL OF YOU SHALL BREATHE THE FLAMES OF MY RAGE!!!"

Fed-Kun's army
I hope we will get a spear spin-off where ash go around catching girl rather than pokemon.
Oh wait, Ash already do it all the time.

@DANDAN_THE_DANDAN @421cookies

I was thinking of The Rise of the Shield Hero when I learn the name of these titles. I was also thinking Naofumi getting stuck with Pokémon Shield (for whatever reason I cannot think of) while Raphtalia plays Pokémon Sword. However I giggles when I read your scenario Dandan. 😄I would imagine the female avatar of Pokémon Sword and Pokémon would be the Raphtalia in this situation, or Serena from Pokémon XY and Pokémon XYZ being that she loves Ash. Oh and Bonnie from the same anime being Filo.

Contributor
The special edition would be Pokemon Gun of course!

That is what I see a couple of people assuming or guessing, but knowing Game Freak enough there is a chance the third version (and that is assuming they even decide to do a third version as they have not done one in three generations now) might go by a different title that still relates with the naming theme of the Generation 8 games.

Dex-chan lover
Are these going to be actual Pokemon games instead of spin offs? I ask because Nintendo has this odd aversion to putting Pokemon on screens that don't make my eyes bleed.

The upcoming Pokémon games are part of the main line series so they are not spin offs, Drifter. Also it's Game Freak and The Pokemon Company that are mainly responsible for the presentation and development of those games instead of Nintendo as The Pokemon Company likes or prefers to be independent from Nintendo.

Another thing what do you mean by this "odd version to putting pokémon on screens that don't make your eyes bleed?"

Dex-chan lover
Great to know, thanks. Every true Pokemon game I know of has been on one of N's traditional portable units. Those typically have tiny screens and always have low resolution. Either one of the two makes a screen hard to look at for me but together I cant play a game on one without feeling real pain after a half hour or so.

No problem 🙂 and I understand what you are saying. Thankfully for your case being that Nintendo does not appear to be creating another console that is solely for portable play thanks to the fact they have the Switch, the Pokémon games are games are going to be on home console which started with Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu and Pokémon Let's Go Eevee (which are also mainline games, but on a different pillar from the ones that came before and the two games coming later this year). From playing Let's Go Eevee on handheld mode I can say the screen resolution (if that is the correct way to call it) is great and big/wide enough that it's very easy to see and does not cause one to strain their eyes. And even if you do not plan or want to play it on handheld mode you have the option to view the game on your TV screen. So you get to enjoy a Pokémon game without hurting your eyes.

Users who are viewing this thread