Pokemon: The World Champion Season - Ch. 23 - Resolve

@IsThisUsernameGood Yeah, this was a pretty good chapter. While I am kinda sad that Ash lost, we saw how Paul and his pokemon have grown even stronger from the last time they fought each other. I also kinda think Ash didn't really have a strategy here...
Also Mega Gengar fits Paul quite well in my opinion.

poor ash , he cant even win in a doujinshi
idk why ash always doesn't bring his best pokemon with him to important matches

Group Leader
@Grumpyfelo how are Pikachu, Greninja, and Infernape not within some of Ash's best Pokemon?

@DaDragoon3 I too like his Mega Gengar, and how Paul's bond with his Pokemon are different than Ash's but still just as valid as far as Mega Evolution is concerned. I think the author note explained Ash's strategy pretty well though.

Dex-chan lover
Wow Ash lost.

Just like the anime, this really is a proper fanfic lol.

@isthisusernamegood
Not to say that Greninja got released in the canon series...

Sceptile?
Charizard mega evolution?
Moltres he caught in earlier chapters?
Goodra? (if he didn't release it also)

If we are caught up on the canon original source
How about Dragonite?
Gengar?

The truth is, Infernape shouldn't be there. That was Charizard place if we are going by his strongest pokemon
Imo

Edit: not to say that Greninja and Infernape arent one of his strongest pokemon but, what is the title of this manga?
World championships. This is where you bring your A-game and bring your best pokemon

Group Leader
@Grumpyfelo
One, that Moltres doesn't belong to Ash as far as I know, but we got to wait before that is touched upon again to know for sure how that was settled.

Two, Ash wanted to show off how much stronger his Pokemon got over time, plus Infernape almost gets a power boost when battling against Paul. Heck, with his insane Blaze ability, I am pretty sure it's A Game material. Besides Ash already used Mega Charizard a bunch earlier on so he is just shifting his team around like any league. In short, it was Infernape's turn, at least in my opinion.

Three, I wonder how Akiko is going to touch upon the Ash Greninja stuff now that you mentioned it?

Four, thank you for not holding back your opinion and being honest with me. That sort of thing makes uploading this series feel worth it since i can share other people's experiences with it.

@isthisusernamegood
for what I got from reading that panel on page 12
https://mangadex.org/chapter/1157690/12
Ash: "professor, I caught Moltres, but should I give it back to professor Ivy?"
Professor Oak: "...no, you shouldn't need to do that, let me explain it to her"

So, for what I got, is his to use freely until Ivy contacts him to say otherwise he cant use it

Group Leader
@Grumpyfelo That's a fair point, but I probably wouldn't use that Moltres until I got it reigned in first, especially not against someone like Paul. I mean he lost Indigo League for using a Pokemon that wasn't under his control, he likely wouldn't want to repeat that mistake, then again he's had a lot of offscreen prep time, so who knows. It's a valid theory at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread