Power Uploader: Rank Explained

Status
Not open for further replies.
is a Reindeer
VIP
They were made to be similar because too many people were applying to be contributors for the color without actually wanting to do any contributor work.

Having a color also made it seem like contributors were a special role, which isn't really the case. When MangaDex first started every user was allowed to make edits to the info on title pages, we had only locked it behind user roles when we got vandalized for the first time. It was several months that we had gone vandalism free which was impressive in itself.

Power Uploader
So are Group Leaders also able to edit the information on the title page of a manga as well or is it just Power Uploaders?

@Rehab I don't upload much (since other people have already done almost everything I have files for), but I've tried to respect the rehosting policy of any group assuming they still have a working web site somewhere that says what they want, especially if they're still actively translating the series in question.

Contributor
Admin (red) > Developer (red) > Moderator (purple) > Public Relations (pink) > Power Uploader (green) > Group Leader (teal) > Contributor (light blue) > Member (dark blue)
addition : Validating(white) > Banned(black)

Group Leader
I would be a lot closer to a power uploader had people not uploaded my group's releases before I did. Doesn't really matter though. Still got the cool teal name.

Group Leader
@Plykiya In reference to uploading, "Don't edit/remove any pages."

Would this include blank pages?

I never understood why blank pages were included in scans as it's just a waste of space. It's one thing if you are trying to preserve the paper release in digital format, that you would include every single page, even blank ones. But since the scan is being resized, cropped, and eventually edited (it is after all being translated), I see no need for a blank page just because it was there.

And that's coming from a self proclaimed completionist/perfectionist. I just don't understand the blank page. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

is a Reindeer
VIP
@KazuyaKan Leave blank pages in, we have a double page reader mode. About as close as you can get to reading it in book format online. Taking the page out could throw off the reading pattern

@Esper You can request the uploads be transferred over to your account if you want it credited to you

Dex-chan lover
@ryoken to me reading manga in indonesian feels totally weird since i'm always more comfortable reading in english. i have to do mind gymnastics most of the time i read indo text....i'm indo....

@wolvenworks
Hello, Indonesian fellas!
I feel you. It's weird, english is the best.

But don't forget to support and buy it when it's available in Indonesia.
Our country, when it comes to comic business, in my opinion, is the biggest, even though the price is not as much as US license.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread