Prevent nested spoilers :rejected:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prevent spoilers from being another spoiler and so on. Many users are doing it like infinite spoiler loop. Its frustating.

Fed-Kun's army
@Hassico
They are basically telling you 'It's not something important, don't waste your time clicking on these'.
There are also cases when it is necessary to have some nested spoilers. It all boils down to how often a user abusing it. If they do that all the time to annoy people, maybe report them?

Dex-chan lover
Then it's the poster's fault when people give up clicking the spoiler tags and choose not to read what's at the end. I get what you mean, but at the end of the day you don't have to click it.

Reminds me of the good old days when embedding links in the actual spoiler tags was possible, resulting in opening a link just by clicking the spoiler.

see? nothing worthwhile
only worth clicking to sate curiosity

Dex-chan lover
@Hassico If you're on PC, and only if you're really curious, you can open page source to see if they actually have anything within the spoiler tags or just a bunch of empty tags to troll. On mobile (which I mainly use) I give up after 5 clicks. So yeah, I suppose my point is the same as people above me already said, to just ignore multiple spoiler tags?

Dex-chan lover
This is pretty stupid what if there's a spoiler within the spoiler?

Double-page supporter
No one forces you to open all of them just your lack of selfcontrol 😁

But in some cases at least 2 nested spoilers are necessary. Like for second warning of major spoiler or hiding big images inside spoiler.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
I hate these kind of spoilers anyway, we should have just gone with the black-on-black thing you have to hover over

Anyway, not going to do anything about this with this forum software anyway, we'll see how xenforo handles it

If it's annoying, just call the person who's doing it out as being unfunny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread