Prey - Ch. 14 - Those Things (2)

Double-page supporter
Maybe the pain from stabbing yourself momentarily overcome your fear so the ghost can no longer see you? Anyway creepy af like usual thx for the release :D

Dex-chan lover
So she was his conversation partner this entire time.

Holy shit does this series have some disturbing as fuck ghosts. These bug monsters are now on my top three creepiest ghosts alongside the caterpillar lady and the "dinosaur" school girl, especially since there's entire swarms of them large enough to cover up the side of a building.

Thank you for the translation!!!!

@Tersione she who?? It can't be his sister since she doesn't seem to know what's going on with him 🤔

Tyvm for the update! Junji Ito would be pleased seeing them ghosts

Dex-chan lover
Have they ever thought about... just covering their eyes? Maybe wear sunglasses in the dark. Like they say, if you can't see 'em, they don't see you.

Double-page supporter
@Redice Reread chapter 7. I think the more fear you feel the more clearly they can see/touch you. So if you're already frightened to the point they can hurt you just closing your eyes would basically just waiting for your death.

He should have an eyepatch, seeing as its only one of his eyes affected.

Dex-chan lover
@garfnk You can't fear what you can't see. You're not afraid of that ghost behind you cause you can't see it.

... Unless you have red ears and can also hear it. R.i.p. ears. What's next though, red nose? Clowns can see smell ghosts this whole time!

I'm joking ofcourse.

Seems like there is different types of the monsters(?)

so far there is living people who can look like monsters as shown in chapter 1-2 they seem to be harmless kinda reminds me of homunculus manga the shortcoming or main thought of someone changes their sub conscious appearance

Then there is the "stando powa" type similar to the first one tho its a separate manifestation doesn't warp your self also seems harmless shown in chapter 3 though this one could have just been beside that guy on coincidence

There was that doctor/patient ghost at the hospital when fmc vist her mom actual dead harmless but can effect things like hunter monsters if wanted to

then there is the hunter monsters the ones actively seeking the living for some reason probably not just killing

Aggregator gang
I don't think these things are "ghosts", but it is interesting that the guy did manage to get away by stabbing himself.
I'm curious though what happens if a monster eats you - will you have bit marks in this world? Will you just disappear?

Users who are viewing this thread