Princess Ledalia ~The Rose Pirate~

Dex-chan lover
Didn't care for the set-up opening chapter, but this will probably one of those few shoujo I keep up with.

Contributor
This seems waaay too dramatic for me. Five chapters in and there's been so much action, change and foreshadowing, but the characters haven't been fleshed out in the least. I barely care about the female lead - another "strong" female protagonist who inexplicably can never actually hold her own in a fight because the plot depends on her constant defeat; and I can't even bring myself to care one whit about the male lead. He's flat-out boring. A handsome playboy with a dark past who broods while dramatically looking out the window at night. At least the pirate childhood friend had a fun personality, but he's barely even in it, so I can't even stick around just to see him inevitably get his heart broken. And the description is kind of misleading, considering that
she saves her brother in the first chapter, then subsequently loses her memories in the second - killing all chance of "reclaiming her birthright". That theme may come into play later, perhaps, but it's currently just her working for the male lead and wondering who he is and if he really murdered his own brother. (He probably did, but his brother is probably the one who killed her whole family and suchwhat and it'll be that whole "a noble man who stepped up against an evil authority to lead his country away from ruin" shtick. Wow, someone catch me, I'm swooning already./s

I thought I recognized it. A few chapters in, it starts to get pretty clear that this story is heavily based off Shakespeare's Twelfth Night. The twins, the swordfighting, the crossdressing page, the love letter, the widow...Even the switcheroo.

Fed-Kun's army
I was kind of hoping this would be a story about some girl who's lived as a Pirate and is captured by the government and finds out that she is actually a Princess. But there are a lot of things I can't really like. Things like the slave part are just eh. How there is just a drug that makes people into puppets and how the MC just easily falls to it. I also can't stand the blonde dude that helped capture the MC. The reasoning he did it is dumb and lacking. It's just an eh story for me.

Dex-chan lover
I love romanticism. Pirates are dashing frontier man instead of dirty sailors with scurvy.

Bro the entire slavery arc (is it an arc if it’s the 90% of the story?) is dumb. How are you gonna make a ~~strong female protag~~ just to take away her autonomy by making her a slave with no memories in the third chapter. I also hate the blonde guy with a burning passion. Wtf

I really want her to be with her childhood friend, but I guess she has completely friend zoned him :/

I realized halfway through that this is Shakespeare's Twelfth Night 🤣

@Choco_Pudding : I'm always glad to see a comment from you or Pocari, you guys seem to have tastes and opinions similar to me, and just generally have common sense, so I can tell if I should read or not something if I see your nicely blue icons, and not waste my time and energy reading something that's going to piss me off haha. Anyway, just wanted to say that I appreciate your existance friend :3

This manga looked great, a pirate female MC would have been cool to read about, it's really a pity that there is this "slave arc" which sounds just really bad, especially with that freaking Allen Schezar type of love interest.

All Rozario had to say was that he wasn't Rasha but noooo instead he just full on assaulted a man with a sword.

Users who are viewing this thread