Prison Lab - Vol. 8 Ch. 49

Dex-chan lover
After such a bizarre development, the only satisfying ending is for the organization to assassinate all 3 of them.

Dex-chan lover
Lmao this whole chapter the author's like he doesn't know how to end it so he just made his most "mysterious" character reveal everything at once and make the protagonists be cool about it. They're all "meh" about everything.

Dex-chan lover
God damn. I wouldnt have minded an ending where they both lived but this is just so... dull.

What a betrayal of the promise and premise of the early chapters of this manga.

Group Leader
I'm the scanlator, and to respond to everyone saying it's dull, boring, weak, etc. right now (which i agree it is) but minor spoiler
It's going to get way bloodier before it finishes, this is currently more of a showing who's side everyone is on build up.

Otherwise if you don't want to read the spoiler, I'll just say I'm excited to keep working on this series.

Group Leader
@BilliusX There arent really chapters (the volumes just go, I decided to cut a chapter every 24-25 pages depending on how well it ends) so exact numbers are hard, I figured somewhere around 70. Vol 8 is 8 chapters 45-52. So Vol 9 and 10 should be around 16 chapters so around 68+/- a chapter or two.

As far as when it picks back up next chapter has a death in it, but the real fun starts in vol 9.

Fed-Kun's army
Was wondering if I should read this. Just one spoilers question, is Aito (MC ) the only one who tortures her ? Also, now he has no mask, was not the rule of her finding his identity her waay to get released ?
apparently something happenso he doenst hate her so much. Also how hard / far did the bad threaths went on her ? I hope nothing sexual
BTW, I havent read anything besides the chap, but you cna spoil all of it

While I sympathized with spiky-hair over what happened to him, that dried-up the moment he revealed that he went along with the second captivity game. Dude's fucking mental, and I have to wonder if the author is too for writing this convoluted bullshit. If this guy really wanted some redemption, he would have pretended to play along with organization after they let him live, and tried to take them out from within with his friend before they could hurt anyone else. But no, instead they decided to help irrevocably fuck-up the lives of others so that this asshat can feel like some cunt he killed forgives him. Wat?

Eyama at least deserves to walk away from all this with the people in the organization (save that one female retainer) dead in the most painful way possible, and having given the rest of Aya's gang a generous dose of their own medicine. Dude had to put up with a painful betrayal and relentless bullying for three years while no one cared; to the point he seemed to be contemplating suicide. The only way I would enjoy seeing this clusterfuck end is if he told everyone (including his shitty parents) to fuck off and if they don't like it and/or come after him, he wouldn't hesitate to end them. That would be the only way I'd be happy with Aya survivng. Having to live with the memories of what she did to Eyama (and others), the memories of Eyama putting her through hell as payback, and him telling her he'll never trust her again after betraying him so heartlessly might almost be as bad if not a worse fate than him killing her; and it would be completely deserved.

I know it's not going to happen, but a man can dream. This story would have been much better if it had been a character study about Eyama as he finally snaps, abducts, and tortures Aya. Watching him violently shed the skin of a docile bookworm and grapple with vengeance, redemption, and self-actualization would have been far more compelling.

Fed-Kun's army
@WhiteEkans
Nothing sexual.
But it might be better for you to read from start.
And yes Protagonist only torture her.(in game i.e)

Older Aito: She just wants you to become strong to protect her.

Me: Like I care?! After coming so far that only you could turn the antagonist to a female protagonist?

Dex-chan lover
This is getting a bit messy, I still hope at least Aya get's her deserved sentence, even if Eyama just rejecting her feelings in the end for what she did and let her know that for the rest of her life.

Dex-chan lover
for some reason, i have feeling like....... "just die", stop with this heart warming sh** anyone could die in this series.

This is bullshit .. I wouldnt touch a girl who bullied me for years ever again, totally no chance for any happy love story after that wtf

This was a pretty big tonal shift, but I think the story is trying to say that revenge fantasies are stupid. The desire for revenge made everyone's life worse. Sure, it was mostly the organization's fault, but nobody is without blame, they all made their choices.
But now, after all the pointless and contrived revenge set ups, it seems like its time to for the cast to get their real revenge on the people who actually caused their suffering.
Or maybe the author got cold feet or something, I dunno.
NO, IT'S BECAUSE THE BULLY WAS A FEMALE

@Cyrenius It's nowhere near bad enough to come close to justifying their actions though. They're not getting revenge at that point, they're just fucking sick and twisted with the shit they do. I think what happened to the Aito's suck, but also I think it's something you can get over without needed some revenge plot from a serial killer's journal.
YOU'VE OBVIOUSLY NEVER BEEN BULLIED

Users who are viewing this thread