Promise Cinderella - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - Hayame Imai, 27 Years Old

BCS

Dex-chan lover
The whole setup feels kind of forced, we'll see how it goes next chapter.

YESSS thank you for translating this! I've been seeing (not reading because I can't read kanji lmao) the raws for a while and while it gets really dramatic, their dynamics is so good! I love to see Oreco-sensei's talent gets noticed because she's been a really good artist since her doujin days. Looking forward for the next chapter. Ganbatte kudasai for the scanlation team!

Dex-chan lover
Not a fan of this first chapter. It’s like the author tried to depict an asshole like the guy as “someone good underneath is mask” but that’s just because he threw at the readers the fact that her life is garbage and full of worst people. Not that “he’s good”, more “he’s less bad”.

Also...wtf the husband was thinking? She saved him back then, in her way she’s a nuce person, she’s cute and intelligent.
Love is something different, but who could have found better than her?

Erm...I'm super uncomfortable with a 27 year old woman entering into a relationship with a High School Student no matter what the circumstances. Why couldn't he be in uni or smth? Not a fan of these weird predator-esque age gap manga no matter the gender. Shame, because I was interested in the premise.

Story seems interesting, can’t wait for the next chapter.
Hope you guys continue to translate this.

Fed-Kun's army
I’m picking up hints that this kid has a messed up home life. Lots of expendable cash? Check. Negative opinion of women? Check.
He’s an asshole, but maybe he could develop.

Dex-chan lover
Like everyone has been saying, the premise is a little bit of a sketch. The worst part is the unlikely part of the story carries a troublesome suggestion. The husband, who she took pity, who was bullied and saved by her, cheated on her because "he found somebody else". I know women don't have a very flattering opinion of weak men, maybe even incels, but they are more obsessive and devoted than would be likely to cheat on somebody else once they are together. Also, if he needs a girl to bail him out, what are the chances he's able to attract another women. This also implies weak men are likely to abandon you once they have a foothold and move on to better things. It's better to be associated with an "asshole with a heart of gold", alpha male who's born rich. This premise to me is deeply troubling, I can't say I can bring myself to continue reading. The protagonist has quite a personality, but that's not enough to clear away the ill will I have from the premise.

Aggregator gang
This is actually really good. The MC is especially wonderful.

Thank you for the translation!

Users who are viewing this thread